• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to force Wordpress toolkit to send emails

gregconway

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux release 8.6 (Sky Tiger)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.45
Hi,

We have Plesk Toolkit configured and it sometimes sends us emails regarding the updates required for each website.

However, I have a web designer telling me it's not sending emails for all the updates that are required for each site, ie the Plesk Wordpress Toolkit says there are x updates for websites required, but we don't receive emails for ALL the websites that require updates, only some of them.

Is there some command I can run to force Plesk to re-evalaute updates and send the emails now?

Thanks.

Hi,

We have Plesk Toolkit configured and it sometimes sends us emails regarding the updates required for each website.

However, I have a web designer telling me it's not sending emails for all the updates that are required for each site, ie the Plesk Wordpress Toolkit says there are x updates for websites required, but we don't receive emails for ALL the websites that require updates, only some of them.

Is there some command I can run to force Plesk to re-evalaute updates and send the emails now?

Thanks.
Any thoughts anybody?

We're once again checking the Plesk servers manually and finding they've not sent us emails telling us there are wordpress updates available.

Thanks.

Hi Avatolin,

Thanks for the response.

The notification settings are set correctly, in that customer digests are set to notify the customer with a copy to ourselves.

As I said, we do get the emails, but only sporadicly.

Could it be that customer digests are only sent periodically and aren't checked every day?
If so how can I override that?

We have tried using the other digests but they batch notificatons into a single email and we need one email per site.

I did peruse the wordpress toolkit CLI documentation but I was unable to find what I was looking for - a command-line that I can schedule to make it send out the customer digests daily, not "when it feels like it", which is what seems to be happening at present!

Thanks for any assistance.

Does anybody have any further thoughts on this?

Today we received one email for one subscription requiring wordpress updates.

I've run through manually and there are 10 subscriptions that need wordpress updates. But we received an email for just one of them.

Apparently, no one has this issue or knows the answer. You can use the report function on the forum to ask this question to the developers who maintain the WP Toolkit:

Hi Avatolin,

Thanks for the response.

The notification settings are set correctly, in that customer digests are set to notify the customer with a copy to ourselves.

As I said, we do get the emails, but only sporadicly.

Could it be that customer digests are only sent periodically and aren't checked every day?
If so how can I override that?

We have tried using the other digests but they batch notificatons into a single email and we need one email per site.

I did peruse the wordpress toolkit CLI documentation but I was unable to find what I was looking for - a command-line that I can schedule to make it send out the customer digests daily, not "when it feels like it", which is what seems to be happening at present!

Thanks for any assistance.
Hi,
WPT is checking for available updates on a daily basis and sends email notifications at the end of "instances-auto-update.php" scheduled task (T&S -> Scheduled tasks).
But WPT also stores information about already sent notifications, for example, if in a day #1 the update was found for WordPress website #1 core, the notification is sent, but in the next day, if WordPress website #1 has the same updates, then notification is not sent. If in the third day an update will be found for the plugin (or theme, or new version of WordPress core is available), the notification will be sent about only this plugin, and not about the WordPress core.

Additionally, please ensure that instances-auto-update.php task finishes with zero exit-code, try to perform it via command:
Code:
# plesk bin extension --exec wp-toolkit instances-auto-update.php
// output

# echo $?
0 // must be zero

Hi @vbelich,

That is absolutely perfect - many thanks for that!
I've run the instances-auto-update.php and it has identified a problem with a particular site on one server.
Maybe that's what's causing all the problems!
I will take this up with our web designer tomorrow as it seems to be related to a particular plugin.

Thanks also for your description re: WPT and how notifications are sent.
That actually suits us, as the email will hang around until the update is performed (even if it takes more than a working day), so as we don't want to receive duplicate notifications that seems entirely logical.

Thanks also @maartenv for the pointer - I would have been reporting a bug next, as per your suggestion, had vbelich not popped up with this information!

Thanks again!

Back