1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

How to get the plesk control panel to use an SSL cert

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by edispah, Jul 29, 2005.

1. edispah

edispah Guest

Hi

Ive been tearing my hair out trying to get the Plesk Control Panel to use a 14day trial SSL cert from Verisign.

I tried following the Plesk administrators instructions and the instructions I found here http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24206&highlight=SSL

I keep getting presented with the default plesk certificate when I access the control panel.

In summary heres what I did

1. Generated a CSR via Server - Certificates - Add New Certificate
    2. Completed an application on verisigns web site for a 14 day trial cert using the CSR request generated in 1
    3. I recieved the Certificate via email and copied and pasted it into the Certificate Field and clicked "Send Test"
    4. I set this certificate as the default in the Servers - Certificate Page.
    5. I then went to Server - IP Addresses and selected my IP address (theres only 1 on this server)
    6. In the SSL certificate drop down I selected the new Certificate.
    7. Click OK

I was expected whenever I went to https://server.name.com:8443 that it would use the trial cert but instead its still using the default Plesk one.

Is there anything ive missed here?

Thanks

Paul Houselander

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

Hi Paul,
    1) Did you verify that the following 3 sections are present:
    Private Key
    Certificate
    CA Certificate

2) Cut and pasted as plain text with no line wrapping having occurred in the email client?

An example of a properly formatted certificate.

3) Once you set it as the default (Servers - Certificates) did you verify that it is now the one in bold letters instead of the one named 'default certificate'

3. Oldperl

Oldperl Guest

Did u restart apache or better the server?