• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to get the plesk control panel to use an SSL cert

E

edispah

Hi

Ive been tearing my hair out trying to get the Plesk Control Panel to use a 14day trial SSL cert from Verisign.

I tried following the Plesk administrators instructions and the instructions I found here http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24206&highlight=SSL

I keep getting presented with the default plesk certificate when I access the control panel.

In summary heres what I did

1. Generated a CSR via Server - Certificates - Add New Certificate
2. Completed an application on verisigns web site for a 14 day trial cert using the CSR request generated in 1
3. I recieved the Certificate via email and copied and pasted it into the Certificate Field and clicked "Send Test"
4. I set this certificate as the default in the Servers - Certificate Page.
5. I then went to Server - IP Addresses and selected my IP address (theres only 1 on this server)
6. In the SSL certificate drop down I selected the new Certificate.
7. Click OK

I was expected whenever I went to https://server.name.com:8443 that it would use the trial cert but instead its still using the default Plesk one.

Is there anything ive missed here?

Thanks

Paul Houselander

3. I recieved the Certificate via email and copied and pasted it into the Certificate Field and clicked "Send Test"
4. I set this certificate as the default in the Servers - Certificate Page.
Hi Paul,
1) Did you verify that the following 3 sections are present:
Private Key
Certificate
CA Certificate

2) Cut and pasted as plain text with no line wrapping having occurred in the email client?

An example of a properly formatted certificate.

3) Once you set it as the default (Servers - Certificates) did you verify that it is now the one in bold letters instead of the one named 'default certificate'

Back