• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

How to give users sftp access

Bourgois_Christophe

Basic Pleskian
I'm using Plesk Panel 12 on Debian GNU/Linux 7.6 server.

I created a ftp user in a subdomain (sub.domain.tld) of my domain (domain.tld).

In Tools and settings = Policy security, I allowed sftp and ftp connexions.

When I try to connect I get this message :
Code:
sftp [email protected]
Connection closed

In the password file I got :
Code:
my_user:x:10000:1003::/var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/sub.mydomain.tld/httpdocs:/bin/false

So what can I do to solve this issue, maybe I did something wrong ?

Thanks a lot Igor, I saw this thread this morning when I was trying to get solution, I think the solution is in comment #3:
1° enable SSH mode in FTP configuration
(in Power User Panel) is in the "Home" page:

Websites & Domains

in the first line is there "FTP access" choose or create the user and than set
FTP
(bin bhash Chrooted)
I can create users but I can't find the option "set ftp (bin bash chrooted).

Do I have to configure some global param to get this option available ?

It is in Hosting Settings of your Service Plan - "SSH access to the server shell under the subscription's system user"

Ok I understand I get this option in Hosting Settings of Service Plans, but I'm using a custom plan, so I went in my custom plan and don't find out the same options.

When I go to my subscription => Settings in Hosting Settings I only can choose between 3 options (website status when subscription is paused), I can't find the same options than in Service Plans Hosting settings.

So I tried to affect my custom subscription to a Hosting Plan, but it's not possible.

What can I do ?

Don't understand you. What do you mean "no this option in my custom Service Plan"? You can see this option always for Service Plan, even on creation new Service Plan stage.

Assign this subscription to Service Plan in this case.

When I select my subscription in the subscriptions list and I click on "Change pack", I got no plan in the combo box "New service pack", only "no change" so I can't.

Why somedays everything usally simples are difficult ??? ;)

What "pack" do you mean? Please look at attached picture. I hope it will help.

ONE.png

Back