• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to have multipe FTP accounts?

Y

yongsan

Hi,

I know this has been ask and answered many times, but I still could not make it work. I need to have mutiple FTP accounts for a domain. Not sub domain or web user...

Anyone kind enough to show me some light on this??

Thanks

You can do this only if you comprimise security (you have to modify the permissions of the httpdocs directory), otherwise it's not possible.

The only advice I will give is that following any posted instructions without knowing the original OS and Plesk version is always at your own risk.

Multiple FTP to the same folder can be done, must be done manually since Plesk CP does not have this capability.

Always have a good verified backup of your system before making any changes. As you can see from the other thread you referenced in your post, there was one person who had a problem with following those exact instructions. Not all servers are identical. Always use caution and common sense.

Back