1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

how to have multipe FTP accounts?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by yongsan, Aug 2, 2005.

1. yongsan

yongsan Guest

Hi,

I know this has been ask and answered many times, but I still could not make it work. I need to have mutiple FTP accounts for a domain. Not sub domain or web user...

Anyone kind enough to show me some light on this??

Thanks

2. hardweb

hardweb Guest

You can do this only if you comprimise security (you have to modify the permissions of the httpdocs directory), otherwise it's not possible.

3. yongsan

yongsan Guest

4. yongsan

yongsan Guest

No one??

5. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

The only advice I will give is that following any posted instructions without knowing the original OS and Plesk version is always at your own risk.

Multiple FTP to the same folder can be done, must be done manually since Plesk CP does not have this capability.

Always have a good verified backup of your system before making any changes. As you can see from the other thread you referenced in your post, there was one person who had a problem with following those exact instructions. Not all servers are identical. Always use caution and common sense.

6. yongsan

yongsan Guest

HI,

I am running on CentOS 3.3 with Plesk 7.5.3..

:>