1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to install and configure ClamAV for Qmail

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by qualispace, Feb 5, 2006.

1. qualispace

qualispace Regular Pleskian

73%
    Hello,
    I want to know the procedure for installing ClamAV and configuring it with Qmail so that all the incoming and outgoing emails get scanned for viruses. I have tried http://www.hostbird.com/index.php?mi=open-source-antivir1&ri=open-source-antivir1

But the problem is that sometimes it runs and sometimes it does not. If anybody has a better way to do so, kindly let me know.

Regards
    Nitesh N
    QualiSpace

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

Here's what I did on Plesk 7.5.4:

I uninstalled psa-spamassassin

#rpm -e psa-spamassassin

I uninstalled spamassassin

#rpm -e spamassassin

Then installed ART's Clam AV, Spamassassin and qmail-scanner.

#yum install clamav spamassassion qmail-scanner

Stop spamassassin, run the configurator, restart spamassassin

#service spamassassin stop
    #/usr/bin/qmail-scanner-reconfigure
    #service spamassassin start

Then from the Updater in the control panel install
    spamassassin support and make sure that only the
    psa-spamassassin service is running.
    It should call the proper spamd daemon.
    I had problems with this as it started the spamc daemon which
    blocked all email from coming in, but a simple reboot corrected this.

The mchk utility should restore the spam settings for each mailbox.by running the command

#/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam (although this didn't work for me either.)

3. jwdick

jwdick Guest

:confused: Two lines were left out of the instructions above. If you have not already removed Dr.Web do so first with the following:

rpm -e drweb
    rpm -e drweb-qmail

Also, if you have already upgraded your spamassassin and installed qmail-scanner, you do not need to reinstall those. Just install clamav using ART's and yum.

4. luribe

luribe Guest

I did the same on Plesk 7.5.4 and didn't work for me.

So i reinstall psa-spamassassin and spamassassin from plesk updater. Install clamav and qmail-scanner from ART's, reconfigure qmail-scanner and it works.