• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to install at a URL of MY choice?

S

SHGreg

SiteBuilder is installing at sitebuilder.subdomain.domain.com which is no good, how do I get it to install where I want it? (subdomain.domain.com)

1) manually edit apache configuration file (zz011_sitebuilder.conf) and change ServerName to whatever you like. Then reload apache

or

2) run
Code:
sb_config --sb_hostname=subdomain.domain.com --force_update_wscfg
Please note that according to the source code the --force_update_wscfg option is internal but due to a bug in sb_config it may not work otherwise.

Subdomain Change

I have done the above which updated, however i now get this message below,

Could not connect to specified SiteBuilder server
Local sitebuilder installation was found but it's remote api isn't available. May be server is down or DNS is not configured properly!

DNS is fine, any advise anyone, please:(

can you access sitebuilder admin panel at the configured URL?

No I get page can not be found, the subdomain on it own shows the default holding page.

Originally posted by sheffij
No I get page can not be found, the subdomain on it own shows the default holding page.
no wonder you receive the error from SBM. Check that ServerName in zz011_sitebuilder.conf is correct. If it's not -- edit it manually any reload apache.

below is my zz011_sitebuilder.conf rotherdex.co.uk is the domain wanted and created is sitebuilder.rotherdex.co.uk

hope you can help as i'm lost....

# SiteBuilder configuration file
#

#NameVirtualHost 87.106.128.103:80
#Listen 80

<VirtualHost 87.106.128.103:80 127.0.0.1:80>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs
ServerName sitebuilder.rotherdex.co.uk
ErrorLog logs/sitebuilder_error.log
DirectoryIndex index.php
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php
ScriptAlias /bin /opt/php52/cgi-bin
SetEnv PHPRC /usr/local/sitebuilder/etc
Action application/x-httpd-php5 /bin/php5

<Directory /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs>
Options +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
Options -Indexes
AllowOverride All
Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/ServiceFacade>
AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .asmx
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/*/*/attachments>
Options -ExecCGI
RemoveHandler .php
AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/sites/*/*/__preview/attachments>

below is my zz011_sitebuilder.conf rotherdex.co.uk is the domain wanted and created is sitebuilder.rotherdex.co.uk
Just change sitebuilder.rotherdex.co.uk to rotherdex.co.uk (i.e. remove sitebuilder.) and reload apache.

done, no difference, any ideas :-(

ServerName rotherdex.co.uk
DirectoryIndex index.php
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

First of all make sure that there is no such domain registered in Plesk CP. In case of defining this host in Plesk it will not work correctly. As I can see there is a life web site exists on rotherdex.co.uk. Do you really wish to that Sitebuilder on it?
Also, check /etc/hosts section and make sure that there is no notes about rotherdex.co.uk domain and that this domain resolves to correct IP address on your server.
And the last one thing to check - Sitebuilder configuration file should be included into apache configuration.

Originally posted by sheffij
done, no difference, any ideas :-(

ServerName rotherdex.co.uk
DirectoryIndex index.php
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

Thanks for your reply.

I own the server which sitebuilder is installed on, I wanted to use sitebuilder for my website Rotherdex so that my customers could create their own sites, I wanted sitebuilder with RotherDex to remove the daft 1and1 server name from the header of the pages/logins.

I thought it would be easily done LOL..... I have now reset sitebuilder to the deafault server location until I can find an answer.

if anyone has away of doing this, even if i have to register another doman just to get the name RothDex on site builder.

Thanks for your time and support
hope this can be resolved somehow..

Dns

chances are you should go with a subdomain, because of the nature of the virtual subdomain model that sitebuilder configures into apache, you'd want to emulate it.

Once you've given Sitebuilder a new alias, you'll need to be sure it exists in the DNS zone for the domain.

Back