• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to install default client?

J

jkotuby

Hi,
On our dedicated hosted server I had received no instructions for initial login and setup of Plesk 8.6. During the setup login I un-checked the box "Create Default Client Account" . Now, of course in the Control Panel I have no default account with which to create domains, etc. When I search on "default client account" in the documentation all I find is:
"Be sure to leave the I would like to create a default client account check box selected: Plesk assigns Web sites to client accounts, and selecting this check box will create a special user account "My Domains", which you will use for hosting your own Web sites. " Well of course I know this now, but there is no instruction as to how to create that default client account after the fact.

Because I already screwed up the setup, I am now asking before proceeding any further. The Hosting provider that has supplied our Dedicated Virtual Server and was supposed to set up Plesk for us has not responded to my questions yet.

Can anyone help me with setting up the default client account "after the fact".

Thank you

Back