• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to install ffmpeg on Plesk Linux base server

aukwokfai

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have server with the Plesk control panel on Linux server and want to install ffmpeg + MPlayer + LAME + FLVtool2 + MediaInfo + Mencoder + MP4Box + neroAacEnc , but not sure about the steps to install it. Is there any one who have any script or easy steps to install ffmpeg + MPlayer + LAME + FLVtool2 + MediaInfo + Mencoder + MP4Box + neroAacEnc on my server.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Linux based system have all the possibility to search for packages. Depending on the system, you have either "yum search packagename" , "apt-cache search packagename" , or you use websites for RPM repo searches.

As an example I provide some apt-cache search results:

ffmpeg
mplayer
lame
flvtool2
mediainfo
mencoder

These are all packages found on an Ubuntu system with "apt-cache search" and they are all easily installed with the command: "apt-get install packagename" - no further knowledge required and if you must have any configuration file, the package will install an example in a specific folder under "/etc/name/" with a standard configuration, which should work with your linux system. You will as well get some manuals after a package installation, which you open with the example command "man ffmpeg".
If you have Ubuntu and you probably didn't find a package with the "apt-cache search" - option, you still may find solutions to install RPMs with the tool "alien" .

I want to install ffmpeg and flvtool2 on my site vps. Could you tell me where is apt-cache search? what is it? I don't know about it.

Where I insert command: "apt-get install packagename"?

I just learning about vps with linux, I never use it so why I ask you a lot thank?

thank

Where I insert command: "apt-get install packagename"?
In Linux command line interface. I would suggest you hire experienced Linux administrator if you are not familiar with base linux administration.

Back