• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to install snap and shotcut on centos-6 (x86_64)

questhk09

New Pleskian
Hi,

I need to install snap on my centos-6 (x86_64) so that I can install shotcut which is a video editing software.

So, I tried the command and had an error like below. I've been searching around the way to solve it, but I still can not figure out why I keep getting an error like below. Can anyone tell me what I should do to be able to install snap first and then shotcut accordingly on centos 6 (x86_64)?

[root@server-xxxxxxx-x ~]# sudo apt-get -y install snapd
sudo: apt-get: command not found

Plesk 17.0.17
ffmpeg version 2.2.2
php-devel
PECL imagick

There is no apt-get in CentOS, and I don't believe they support CentOS so installing it isn't possible... unless something has changed recently, you're out of luck.

Thanks, Mark. Great information. So, is there any other way that I can install snap and shotcut in CentOS 6? I'd appreciate if you could let me know any information about it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mark. So, is upgrading centOS 6 to centOS7 the only way for me to be able to install snap and shotcut in this situation or what? Sorry, I'm still confused and I just need to make sure again for my next action.

Thanks, Mark, and sorry again, but I just need to make sure again that upgrading to centOS 7 is the only alternative for me to be able to install snap and shotcut for the server in the current environment. In other words, I do not have to be able to use "apt-get" in the command as long as I can install snap and shotcut somehow in the server.

Back