• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved How to install snap and shotcut on centos-6 (x86_64)

questhk09

New Pleskian
Hi,

I need to install snap on my centos-6 (x86_64) so that I can install shotcut which is a video editing software.

So, I tried the command and had an error like below. I've been searching around the way to solve it, but I still can not figure out why I keep getting an error like below. Can anyone tell me what I should do to be able to install snap first and then shotcut accordingly on centos 6 (x86_64)?

[root@server-xxxxxxx-x ~]# sudo apt-get -y install snapd
sudo: apt-get: command not found

Plesk 17.0.17
ffmpeg version 2.2.2
php-devel
PECL imagick

There is no apt-get in CentOS, and I don't believe they support CentOS so installing it isn't possible... unless something has changed recently, you're out of luck.

Thanks, Mark. Great information. So, is there any other way that I can install snap and shotcut in CentOS 6? I'd appreciate if you could let me know any information about it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mark. So, is upgrading centOS 6 to centOS7 the only way for me to be able to install snap and shotcut in this situation or what? Sorry, I'm still confused and I just need to make sure again for my next action.

Thanks, Mark, and sorry again, but I just need to make sure again that upgrading to centOS 7 is the only alternative for me to be able to install snap and shotcut for the server in the current environment. In other words, I do not have to be able to use "apt-get" in the command as long as I can install snap and shotcut somehow in the server.

Back