• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to limit outgoing mail from PHP scripts?

yabado

Regular Pleskian
Where do I setup limits for email sent by PHP scripts?
They do not seem to be throttled by the plan's outgoing limits at all.

Customer with old copy of wordpress were hacked and a script sent out tens of thousands of email message before I could catch it.
Outgoing mail support did no good.

What restrictions you want to add? You can disable the mail from php. Also if you disable sendmail then client will need to use smtp authentication and then you can add the limitations.

Hi,

Had exactly your scenario a few days ago - a wordpress site got hacked and started to send out LOADS of junk...

don't think you can set it on a user/mailbox or domain level. As it's a script, mailbox limits don't apply. Would have thought domain limits should apply but they also didn't catch it, *but the subscription limit caught it* !

Running CentOS 6.6, Plesk12 latest update, and have the following defaults for outgoing mail control configured: 500 per mailbox, 1000 per domain, 1000 per subscription. Serverwide. Quite high, but I only want to catch scenarios as yours or mine...

Hope it helps :)
TomBob

Hi,

Had exactly your scenario a few days ago - a wordpress site got hacked and started to send out LOADS of junk...

don't think you can set it on a user/mailbox or domain level. As it's a script, mailbox limits don't apply. Would have thought domain limits should apply but they also didn't catch it, *but the subscription limit caught it* !

Running CentOS 6.6, Plesk12 latest update, and have the following defaults for outgoing mail control configured: 500 per mailbox, 1000 per domain, 1000 per subscription. Serverwide. Quite high, but I only want to catch scenarios as yours or mine...

Hope it helps :)
TomBob

Thanks, it does. Will make sure the Subscription limit is low from now on ;-)

Back