• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to make Horde fully work ?

MiTo

Basic Pleskian
Hi community

For one of my domains i need a groupware solution with following features:

- completely free
- share calendar
- share mailbox
- active sync or similar for Outlook or other apps (mobile apps also)

While my research in the www i found out that HORDE provides all that features and as it is part of the PLESK installation i enabled it for the mentioned domain....but...nothing worked as expected...

First of all i cannot share any calendar as the "share" button isn't there:

upload_2016-10-24_12-13-5.png

And no interface or option to configure HORDE within Plesk.
Well, after another research i found an article how to enable an admin in the Horde /usr/share/psa-horde/config/conf.php - done

When trying to configure Horde during webmail i got another surprise:
Most of the packages are outdated even as i let plesk do auto-updates.

upload_2016-10-24_12-24-52.png

Ok, i hit "Update all configurations"....but...
All the conf.php are 0644 and not writable with my user...

upload_2016-10-24_12-26-17.png

And there comes up also another error msg:

upload_2016-10-24_12-11-43.png

I am tired to research just to find some "fragments" and i didn't even find really useful threads here with the search function.

So my question is: Is there anyone who had the same problems and was able to complete this "50% installation" of Horde to make it fully working with all features ?

And if so, could you please provide a step-by-step guidance for it ?

As this seems to be the "standard" (my server is just 3 weeks old and was freshly installed with CentOS 6.8 and Plesk 12.5.30 and Horde 5.2.6) that Horde is just installed in a basically working config this might be interesting for many people who want to use Horde with all it's great features.

BIG thx in advance

Hi,
you need to click the left column "Address Book (turba)" select the options you want and then click "Generate Configuration" as you said it fails, so copy the content from the code box at the bottom and save to your desktop, rename the file to conf.php then use a SFTP client to connect to your server and upload the file from your desktop replacing the file already there at /etc/psa-webmail/horde/turba
Then repeat for all the out of date configuration files :)
Kind regards

Lloyd

Thx Lloyd !
That way i'll get it at least so far up to date. Hopefully i get solved the other problems too with that.
I was thinking about to chmod the files to 755 to give my user write access and let it do automaticly but it takes the same time as i have to chmod them back to 644 after...
Btw. does anyone know if the from Plesk provided Horde version is the fully groupware or some lower package ?

Last edited:
No problem, happy to help :)

To be honest, I haven't used Horde outside of Plesk, so I can't answer that :(

Kind regards

Lloyd

No problem...i'll find it out.

But do you have any idea about the red box error msg ?

I can only recommend to read /usr/share/psa-pear/pear/docs/horde/INSTALL about PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR setting.

Well, my goal is not to installl Horde completely myself but configure the Horde that is already installed as a Plesk extension.
The info's from that doc do not work for me. It seems that PEAR is not installed at all as the instruction "pear upgrade PEAR" quits with the msg "command not found".
Ok, i am not a Linux-Guru (20y Windows before) but i can follow simple instructions of course.
It's getting confusing now and i have no idea where and how to go on...
Anyone who had the same problem and solved it ?

Pear for your domain is here

/opt/plesk/php/5.x/bin/pear or /opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/pear

Check version of PHP for your domain and use corresponding PEAR.

Silly question doesn't Horde use psa-pear? /usr/share/psa-pear?
Rather than the Plesk PHP version?

Back