• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to make Mobile Manager work

AndorA

Basic Pleskian
Since a while (not sure when it happened, I guess with one of the micro-updates) I cannot use Plesk Mobile anymore. The Android app tells me I should install Parallels Panel Mobile Center.

When I go to Extension in Plesk 11 (v11.0.9 Update #27,) and I click on Parallels Panel Mobile Center, it gives me the following error:

Fatal error 401: Mobile Connector initialization failed: Specified config file 'D:\Plesk User Data\/var/modules/plesk-mobile//config.json' is not readable.

I would not mind removing and re-installing the Mobile Connector, but since I cannot download it anywhere I'm a bit afraid to remove what I have. Plus, it looks like one of these Linux-to-Windows-bugs that sometimes pop up in Plesk.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any ideas of solutions?

Thanks!
Andor

Hello,

Please, try doing these steps:
1) Remove server from Mobile Manager app.
2) Uninstall Mobile Center extension.
3) Add server in mobile app again. When it asks to install Mobile Center extension (aka Mobile Connector), agree.

Thanks for the advice. But... nope, doesn't work :(

1. I removed the server from the app
2. I removed the extension from Plesk Panel
3. I added the server again in the app
4. The app asks me to install the application, I say yes.
5. The app says the application the installation was successful
6. In Plesk, the application also looks properly installed again (v. 1.1, release 17)
7. When trying to connect, the app still keeps telling me the app is not installed, when I tell it to install again it says it is installed successfully. And so on and so forth.
8. Tried to reboot the app in Android as well, but all the Android app seems to want to do is reinstall the extension over and over again.

So far the only thing the app seems good for is installing the extension :)

1) After reinstalling extension, does it still complain about unreadable config.json, when you navigate to it in Panel?
2) Could you send me your server IP in PM, so I could do a bit of problem investigation?

Hi Alexander,

Yes, the error in Plesk is the same:

Fatal error 401: Mobile Connector initialization failed: Specified config file 'D:\Plesk User Data\/var/modules/plesk-mobile//config.json' is not readable.

Unfortunately, I have to rush off to the big city now, but I'll be back on Monday and then I can create a server account and send you login data in a DM. Thanks in advance though!

Meanwhile if there is anything I can check please let me know.

From the looks of it, it seems like the extension is not installing correctly in the custom path for the User Data directory. The directory D:\Plesk User Data\var\modules\ is completely empty. There is a directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\plesk-mobile, which I guess is the default path, but this only contains a file push_switch.sh, the config.json file is not there either (not a C: nor D:). So I did a drive wide search for config.json file and found it at the following locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\modules\plesk-mobile\data
C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\microupdates\MU1\panel\common\api\htdocs\enterprise\mobile-manager\data
C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_11.0.9\microupdates\MU1\panel\common\api\htdocs\enterprise\mobile-monitor\data
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\tmp
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\enterprise\mobile-manager\data
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\htdocs\enterprise\mobile-monitor\data

And a monitor.config at C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\tmp

Should I manually copy one of these to the correct directory and see if that makes it work?

Thanks again,
Andor

It seems you caught root of problem right, custom user data path might cause such kind of problems.

So quick fix is simple: create directory D:\Plesk User Data\var\modules\plesk-mobile\ with the same permissions like C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\plesk-mobile has. Absence of config.json in both these directories isn't a real problem, because it'll be created from template once plesk-mobile directory will be available.

Back