• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to migrate from 9.5.1 to 10.1.1

StevenW

New Pleskian
I have an existing windows 2003 plesk 9.5.1 server with about 45 clients and 130 domains.

I just aquired a new windows 2008 box running plesk 10.1.1 and would like to get instructions on how to perform the migration.

I've read the docs, and the forums, and I feel stuff is lacking

1) I opened the firewall on the source server so that all ports were accessible from the new server
2) I downloaded and ran the migration agent on the plesk 9.5.1 box.
3) I go to the new server, start new task > transfer from another server > ip, windows admin username/password, C:\temp, all resellers.

I hit next, and after a little pause I get the following:
Error: Unable to connect with remote agent (connection to host is not available)

is there anything that I am missing... is there an easier way to do this?

no more hair on my head, but found an answer

After going and reading every post in the migration forum, I found that the migration agent's config file did not automatically bind itself to an IP. I went and picked one of the IP's from my server, typed it in, saved, restarted the agent and I was able to continue to the next steps.

I have no idea how long the transfering of the sites will take but I at least see files being created on my C:\pmmtemp\ folder on both the source and destination folders... seems encouraging.

steve

Back