1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to migrate from 9.5.1 to 10.1.1

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Windows Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by StevenW, Mar 31, 2011.

1. StevenW

StevenW New Pleskian

I have an existing windows 2003 plesk 9.5.1 server with about 45 clients and 130 domains.

I just aquired a new windows 2008 box running plesk 10.1.1 and would like to get instructions on how to perform the migration.

I've read the docs, and the forums, and I feel stuff is lacking

1) I opened the firewall on the source server so that all ports were accessible from the new server
    2) I downloaded and ran the migration agent on the plesk 9.5.1 box.
    3) I go to the new server, start new task > transfer from another server > ip, windows admin username/password, C:\temp, all resellers.

I hit next, and after a little pause I get the following:
    Error: Unable to connect with remote agent (connection to host is not available)

is there anything that I am missing... is there an easier way to do this?

2. StevenW

StevenW New Pleskian

no more hair on my head, but found an answer

After going and reading every post in the migration forum, I found that the migration agent's config file did not automatically bind itself to an IP. I went and picked one of the IP's from my server, typed it in, saved, restarted the agent and I was able to continue to the next steps.

I have no idea how long the transfering of the sites will take but I at least see files being created on my C:\pmmtemp\ folder on both the source and destination folders... seems encouraging.

steve

3. tellnet

tellnet New Pleskian

55%
    where you have typed in the ip

i have the same problem