• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to move customers between resellers

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I just created two customers within the "admin" account, everything shows Ok, but when I try to move them to a "reseller" (say re-assign the customer to another reseller) there is no way to do this.

any help?

thanx

Javier

Can you re-assign not admin customer to another reseller?

Can you re-assign not admin customer to another reseller?

Here the story:

I created a "customer" within the "ADMIN" account, and that "customer" also has a website (on the new model you HAVE TO create a user and at the same time a website tied to that customer big drawback the old model was better) that "customer" created under the "admin" account needs or has to be "transfered" to a "reseller", but seems like this does not work.

Now If I created a customer within "reseller1" this cannot be re-assigned to "reseller2" without erasing everything and re-creating on reseller2?

The "SUBSCRIPTION" is a wonderfull idea that was already on Parallels Pro control panel and seems like was a wise idea to include in plesk "but" the feature missing and not included in plesk 10 is the posibility for the "admin" to move one customer from one reseller to another that somehow was available in Plesk 9.5.3

Having this feature (moving customers from one reseller to another) would be helpfull when this "customers" move from one account manager to another that is serving them. on Parallels Pro control panel this is and was always posible, in plesk 10 seems like it's not.

Let's improve the software getting the best features from other panels and including in plesk as well.

Thank you a lot for your comments

Javier

Has this ever been solved? This is a pretty big problem if I need to do something my reseller can't do then assign the client to them. Not to mention being able to setup all the users during a transition from an old Plesk server.

Has this ever been solved? This is a pretty big problem if I need to do something my reseller can't do then assign the client to them. Not to mention being able to setup all the users during a transition from an old Plesk server.

Nop, seems like it was not solved yet

Sorry

I was wondering if with release of 10.4.4 now is possible to move domains and customers among resellers.

Although you can't move users between providers (eg. from 'admin' to a reseller, or between 2 resellers) you can move subscriptions to different users even if they belong to a reseller.

So, what you could do is create a new customer under the reseller account, and then move the subscription to the newly created customer.

This is an relatively easy task.

You will need to manually remove the subscriber or reseller and readd the new user from admin panel.

Back