• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to - Plesk 10.1 Reseller Account expiration?

Smartnet

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
in previous versions of Plesk (9 , 8 ) the Administrator had the abillity to insert or modify the date of a Resellers account expiration. In Plesk 10.1 we don't see this option availabe. Are we missing something or it's true that we can't adjust the expiration date of a Reseller Account?

Ok. I read the documentation. Each reseller can have his own subscriptions. But what about his account?? - It's absolutely necessary to have separate expiration date for a reseller (who's having his own subscriptions - with specific expiration dates for each subscription) and the reason is obvious. Otherwise the Reseller account is something...almost useless. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Regards,
Andrew.

Do you mean that when reseller will be expired all his subscriptions should be terminated with force even if their expiration date hasn't come yet? Or what should be done with reseller's subscriptions and their expiration dates?

Do you mean that when reseller will be expired all his subscriptions should be terminated with force even if their expiration date hasn't come yet? Or what should be done with reseller's subscriptions and their expiration dates?

Resellers subscriptions could be forced to be terminated (even if this sounds not so fair - but it should be resellers responsibility to care his account & customers).

Regards,
Andrew

I don't think that it is correct behaviour from business logic point of view.

Ok. We respect your experience in business and take your opinion really seriously. We'll try to manage this issue by some different way.
Regards,
Andrew.

Agree

hi,

i agree with Smartnet. As webhoster we need an expiration date for customer eg. in former plesk 9 called clients.

Ok, subscriptions come with an expiration date, but if subscruption is closed customer still can log in into plesk.

So for us it is much easier to search for expired clients/customer and delete them from database and server.

So please, please, please give us back the expiration date for clients/customers .

we have several licences for plesk and your are not able to answer or give an apply ? please have also a look to posts from argonius (our technical serveradmin)

IgorG,
you seem like a very smart guy and you have been very helpful to me and so many others Plesk users on this forum.

But your answer above is so infuriating.

Why in the name of God/Linus/Tsak Norris... etc are you trying to tell me how to do my business ?

I WANT the Reseller to expire at a certain point in time, and when that happens,
I WANT all his subscriptions to expire as well. This is MY server and I WANT things to happen MY WAY.

The way you have setup your panel 10/11 is so idiotic. My resellers can change the expiration date of their
subscriptions to UNLIMITED and thus they never have to pay any renewal again to ME, the OWNER of the [email protected] server.

Why are you trying to insult your users / paying customers ?

Sorry for the harsh language but my head is ready to explode because I have about
50 servers with Plesk versions 8 and 9, and I cant migrate/upgrade them to Plesk 11
because of the way you have butchered the Domain/Client/Reseller model.

You are practically pushing your users to cpanel or other competitors.

Back