• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to rebuild awstats static pages of migrated awstats database files

gggino

New Pleskian
Hello,
I had an hosting account with a copany, recently I migrated to VPS managed by plesk 11.5

I was able to get the awstats database file from the old host, and i have copied them in the

/var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/statistics/webstats/ folder, together with the other database files genereted by the new VPS hosting

Only problem is that plesk only rebuilds everyday the static page for the current month, and I see no way to ask him to build the pages for this past months. Also would be good if he would rebuild the header to have updated the dropdown menu from which to choose the month to dispay

Is it possible to rebuild manually these static pages?

I saw this, but I don't think it does what I need.
I'm not sure I have understood what is the -f parameter doing, but using it without the -f parameter it doesn't do what i need: it has actually deleted the AWSTATS database files for the period covered by the presence of apache database files, then rebuilt the awstats databases, and the the static pages. Only for the months covered by apach log files. instead I need to rebuild only the statics pages for the period not covered by apache log files, without deleting any awstats database

just for future reference i did the job using this script.
It doesn't work with the option -A all domain anymore, and you have to set the date rande inside manually

Attachments

• stats.sh.tar.gz
    3.2 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for this modified file, gggino. It has allowed me to rebuild the static files that were not building on my system and I'm really grateful!

However, can I ask why you had to make so many modifications? Did you find it was doing things you didn't want?

Specifically, why not just set log_begin_date="01/2014" (or whatever date you might want) or just set date_range="01/2014-02/2015" (or whatever range you might want) and make no other modifications to the script?

Back