1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to rebuild subdomain in IIS ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by igoldman, Nov 6, 2005.

1. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hello ,

I know that if I would like to rebuild domain in IIS through Plesk Then I need to run the following command :

cd %plesk_bin%
    websrvmng.exe --remove-vhost --vhost-name=domainname
    websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domainname

but if I would like to rebuild subdomain , then what do I need to run ?

for example if I have the following subdomain : ilan.goldman.com
    then which command I need to run for rebuilding it in IIS ?

2. jbuts

jbuts Guest

You should execute the following command to rebuild subdomain in IIS:
    cmd>websrvmng --update-subdomain --vhost-name=<domain> --subdomain=<subdomain>
    and
    cmd> websrvmng --remove-subdomains --vhost-name=<domain> [--subdomains=<sub1[;sub2;...]>]

Also you can execute "websrvmng --help" command to get more information about available commands.

3. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    but which command need to be first ?

are you sure that those commands rebuild the subdomain in IIS and not just delete it from IIS ?

4. JackL

JackL Guest

a) cd %plesk_bin%

b) C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --remove-subdomains --vhost-name=test.somedomain.com --subdomains=subdomain-name
    c) C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --update-subdomain --vhost-name=test.somedomain.com --subdomain=subdomain-name
    Yes it will rebuild subdomain (However - you can backup all domain - before you run command)

John S.G.