1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

How to rebuild subdomain in IIS ?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by igoldman, Nov 6, 2005.

1. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hello ,

I know that if I would like to rebuild domain in IIS through Plesk Then I need to run the following command :

cd %plesk_bin%
    websrvmng.exe --remove-vhost --vhost-name=domainname
    websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domainname

but if I would like to rebuild subdomain , then what do I need to run ?

for example if I have the following subdomain : ilan.goldman.com
    then which command I need to run for rebuilding it in IIS ?

2. jbuts

jbuts Guest

You should execute the following command to rebuild subdomain in IIS:
    cmd>websrvmng --update-subdomain --vhost-name=<domain> --subdomain=<subdomain>
    and
    cmd> websrvmng --remove-subdomains --vhost-name=<domain> [--subdomains=<sub1[;sub2;...]>]

Also you can execute "websrvmng --help" command to get more information about available commands.

3. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    but which command need to be first ?

are you sure that those commands rebuild the subdomain in IIS and not just delete it from IIS ?

4. JackL

JackL Guest

a) cd %plesk_bin%

b) C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --remove-subdomains --vhost-name=test.somedomain.com --subdomains=subdomain-name
    c) C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --update-subdomain --vhost-name=test.somedomain.com --subdomain=subdomain-name
    Yes it will rebuild subdomain (However - you can backup all domain - before you run command)

John S.G.