• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue How to remove "Monitoring - not connected" from domain page

MicheleP

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
last version
Hi
how to remove the "Monitoring - not connected" from the domain page?
It check if the domain is connected with monitoring 360 (why??) and make load page very slow.
I dont want it.
And more its not correct by plesk to know what are our domains without asking and to chek info on the domains we have.
How to remove this?
Thanks

Hi @MicheleP, you can try to add this to panel.ini:

[ext-platform360]
showIndicator = off

It should remove the Icon to Plesk 360. As long as you do not subscribe to the service, Plesk does not receive any information on your domains. And even if you use the service, Plesk is fully GDPR compliant.

Could you please provide a screenshot, maybe I did not get it correctly what you mean.

When i select a domain the page load is slow, the monitoring make a connection to the plesk monitoring service and then says "not connected"

Attachments

• Screenshot-0.png
    Screenshot-0.png
    39 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 22
Click on that Monitoring button and check on "Thank you, but I monitor the website myself" and it'll change to On Your Own.

Alternatively you could always go into Extensions > My Extensions, locate Monitoring, and disable it.

So ... let me understand... I pay for the what someone says is the leader panel in automation tasks and have to go to every single domain .... and manually change the settings to "on my own" ? On every server? For an unwanted, unrequested, undesired feature ... And have to "thank you" for this...? Really??

@MicheleP Thank you for your critique. Sometimes dealing with a new environment can be a challenge. In this case I believe there are some simple options that can resolve all your worries regarding "Monitoring".

How would you like internal monitoring all done on your machine? You can very simply disable external monitoring and instead use the built-in monitoring that also comes for free with your Plesk. To do so, please go to the "Extensions" menu, then "Monitoring", then scroll down to the last section of the page. There click on the switch "Use built-in monitoring". This will automatically set-up Grafana for you and provide you with any useful charts to monitor your server.

And again, all data is yours, you do not need to transfer any of it to Plesk.

Hi Peter
there is no "Use built-in monitoring" option in the monitoring extension page or in the monitoring extension information page.
Where can I find it?
Will this remove the monitoring connection to plesk external service from the domain page? hope yes
Will this remove grafana monitoring? hope no
Thanks

And for the "new environment", this is not Plesk.
I think it is not correct to force user to use a new service, different from plesk, that IS NOT in the primary scope of the tool we pay for and create troubles to the users. It could be ok if it does not interfere with the plesk functionality and if it can be disabled without problem and without waste of time to find "how and where can I disable it?"

@MicheleP It could be that there is translation problem here. You are asking whether using "built-in monitoring" will remove the monitoring connection to Plesk external service. We need to be clear: There is no monitoring connection to Plesk external service unless you explicitely sign-up for it. No data of your domains is being transferred to Plesk. No connection is being made unless you allow it by subscribing to the service. If you do not wish to subscribe, there is not monitoring connection.

This is the state of a newly installed "Monitoring" extension (without connection to Plesk):

1675341873088.png
Click on "Open" for details (on your system, not on this screenshot).

Scroll down to the bottom of that page:

1675341990542.png

This is where you see "Built-in Monitoring. Click on it.

1675342045794.png

Confirm that you do not want to monitor your server externally by clicking on "Yes, use Built-in Monitoring".

Grafana will be installed and you will be taken to the Grafana monitoring dashboard.

If you had already taken the above steps, click on the "Monitoring" link in a domain to being able to select the monitoring of that domain that you want. Scroll down to turn local monitoring on for that domain:

1675342338932.png
This is all about giving users options.

In order to monitor your server with Grafana you do not need to set the option in every domain. If you want to monitor a single domain, you need to decide once, how the domain shall be monitored.

I hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for your replay
But my original question was how to remove the link to the monitoring tool (it is not a dev tool) in the home domain page
There is no answer to this
And why is the question marked as "resolved" when it is not?

Oh @MicheleP, I thought that all the answers given here were already sufficient. So that is obviously not the case. As requested I have removed the "resolved" from this thread. I think that your question how to remove the icon has been answered in full: Remove monitoring. If you do not want to see an option for monitoring you need to remove monitoring. If you have installed monitoring, you will also see the option monitoring. I think this makes a lot of sense. What do you think about this?

Hi
plesk says always speak with us, tell us what you think.
Ok I think that the monitor of the server is a good thing.
BUT I think that the server monitoring and the domain monitoring are two different things.
You are saying that to remove the domain monitoring I have to remove the monitoring extension that then will remove the server monitoring
I thought that there could be a way to remove the icon in the domain page as it is related to the monitoring of the domain on an external service (why do you set it in the dev tool tab if it is not a dev tool???) AND mantain the server monitor.
But clearly it is not so. But for me can be so. I dont think this to be so difficoult, we are speaking of programming here, an option, a condition in the code, not to go on the moon.
Then I ask why you suggest to set this setting in the panel.ini as it is unuseful (and what is it for??)
[ext-platform360]
showIndicator = off

So the question has no answer, or more correctly the only answer is: it is not possible if you want the server monitoring. Plesk rules so!
This make sense, as one of the many incomprehensible plesk choices.
So I think you can correctly mark the thread with "UNresolved" instead that resolved, but if it is not possible mark it as you want
Thanks

Hi @MicheleP, again thank you for your input.

I provided the ext-platform360 parameter, because previously other users had asked in a very similar way like you so I thought you mean the cloud icon in the upper right hand of the screen. Sorry for the confusion.

You are right, it is not possible to remove the monitoring link when you want to have monitoring. There is no option to disable domain monitoring separately. As a result from this discussion I understand that you'd like to have an option where you keep server monitoring but do not see the individual icon in the domain monitoring.

In a perfect world it would be great to be able to configure everything, but having or not having the icon there when monitoring is available could only be an option, because probably a majority of users would expect having a monitoring link when they have monitoring installed. If you believe that a separate removal option is a major enhancement for the product, please post the feature request to Feature Suggestions: Top (2107 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk so that others can vote on it if they also deem it important.

Anyway, thank you again for your critical thinking and remarks.

Hi everyone,

There is exist another option you can try instead of totally disabling integration with Platform360 or removing the Plesk extension at all, is to disable integration mode with 360 Monitoring for the Plesk Monitoring extension, it is also an option for the `panel.ini` file:

Code:
[ext-monitoring]
cloudIntegrationMode = hidden

It check if the domain is connected with monitoring 360 (why??) and make load page very slow.
  • Why: the idea is to inform to have an external monitoring of the website is a good practice.
  • "very slow": Agree, there was a bug and it fixed in Monitoring v2.5.4 more than 2 weeks ago.
Code:
Monitoring 2.5.4
- 20 January 2023
- [-] The extension buttons no longer slow down the rendering of the domain list because they are now loaded asynchronously. (EXTPLESK-4204)
(c) Change Log for Plesk Obsidian

Back