• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to remove Sectigo SSL?

Bitpalast

Plesk addicted!
Plesk Guru
@maartenv has described in Question - SSL-Certificate-List in SSL-it how to blacklist the Sectigo SSL extension:

Code:
[extensions]
blacklist = sectigo

But how can the extension be removed? When viewing the SSLIt! extension page, there is no option to remove Sectigo SSL, and when opening Sectigo SSL it refers to the SSLIt extension, does not offer a remove option either.

Can Sectigo SSL be removed e.g. by a command line command without impact on existing Let's Encrypt SSLIt! configurations?

Last edited:
Forced inclusion is unecessary AFAWK @Peter Debik because it is a normal Plesk Extension (so it can be removed from there) but... we have left it installed, but in disabled mode, for quite a long time now - just-in-case ;) It will be very useful to see the Official Plesk answer to your questions.

Hi Peter,

Not sure that I understand the question correctly, so, please, correct me if I am wrong. The Sectigo extension, in terms of Plesk, is an extension as any other. From the Extension Catalog, it could be disabled/removed if required (Extensions / My Extensions / ). If you add it to the "blacklist" option, Extension Catalog will not show it in the list, SSL It! also correctly work with blacklisted extensions.

Anyway, by using "plesk bin extension --uninstall sectigo", CLI will uninstall it even if the extension is on the blacklist.
Also, to see the list of the extension is possible to use the next command "plesk bin extension --list" (it also shows extensions that were blocked)

Thank you, this answers the question.

The problem with the Sectigo SSL extension is that it does not offer a remove option in the GUI. So it needs to be uninstalled on the command line. And I was not sure whether this could destroy an SSLIt setting or disable auto-renewal of other certificates.

Got it. So, it could be uninstalled with CLI or Extension Catalog; and CA plugins ("object" in terms of SSL It!) are independent of each other.

Although the Sectigo extension is not installed and does not show in the extensions list, it still shows as an option in the SSL IT. extension
How can we remove it from SSl IT?

Although the Sectigo extension is not installed and does not show in the extensions list, it still shows as an option in the SSL IT. extension
How can we remove it from SSl IT?

It is strange, the extension should be shown in the Extension Catalog and it should be possible to remove it if you want. Could you please provide a little bit more details, e.g. Plesk version, some screenshots?

Here is a screenshot from my server:

1712735412309.png

As an option, have you tried to remove the extension from the CLI ("plesk bin extension --uninstall sectigo")?

@FrancoiseL Our #Post 2 in this thread was over two years ago now. However, back at that point in time, yes, with the Sectigo SSL extension installed but not enabled, it did still appear in the SSL It! Settings section, as an 'option'. < This does sound like what you're describing in #Post 6 above.

The Sectigo SSL extension being Disabled is not the same as it being Uninstalled. In our case, that difference was the reason, that it still appeared as an 'option' in the SSL It! Settings section, back then, in 2022 although this point was not made clear by us in that old #Post 2.

Soon after our #Post 2 in this thread, we did indeed, completely remove the Sectigo Extension without any problems, using the extension catalogue itself (as described in our original #Post and then, as described in more detail & with more options by @AYamshanov both in his original #Post5 and his later #Post7.

Uninstalling / Removal not just Disabling of the Sectigo SSL extension will ensure that it no longer appears as an 'option' in the SSL It! Settings section.

Back