• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to restore from .../archives/ folder manually

G

Goni

Hi, while working with migration manager online, I got some errors and was forced to stop the migration process. While after that the migration manager started giving me errors when ever I click on it. I removed the RPM and saved the archives folder with all the files in it and removed the PMM folder from /usr/local/psa. Reinstalled plesk and bu and migration manager started to work. After doing so, unfortunately I noticed that the server from which I was doing online restore jsut completely died. Yes it was a coincidence the machine's HDD expired just after I took the backup :confused:

Now all I got is the archives folder with lots of files in it. When I try to run the migration manger now with Import mode, it says,

For the single-host migration, you should place the dump to "/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/dump.xml".

Its hard to recreate the dump.xml file manually with all the options in it, is it possible to recover the data using those files in the archives folder? All those files are gziped and seems like I have to code something to get data out of those files. Yes, sounds like some freaking scripting. is there any way I can get things extract out using the BU ?

I backed up data from Plesk 7.0.x and am restoring it to 7.5.3.

Goni

Back