• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to run a task after the scheduled backup

JulianP

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Is there a way to run an additional task after the scheduled backup has completed?

I this case, I want to copy the backup off-site. I can't use FTP, otherwise I'd use the built-in 'Personal FTP Repository' feature. (See Rsync, Amazon S3, Rackspace cloud files, etc)

I could just create a new scheduled task, but the backup takes an unpredictable amount of time, and the tasks need to run sequentially. Also, the 2nd task should only run if the backup succeeds.

I could disable the backups in the control panel and create a new scheduled task that does both the backup and the additional task. But then the functionality of the control panel's Backup Manager page is lost.

Thanks,
Julian

I see following possible scenario:

- you have enabled option "Suspend domains until backup task is completed" in scheduled backup settings;
- you have special script for your additional task, which will be started by Event Manager for event "Domain status updated" or for any other suitable event.

Thanks for your suggestion, but the 'Suspend domains..' option cannot be used in this case because downtime is not acceptable. Also, the script must run after the backup has completed, not for each domain.

The Event Manager would be a good solution if there was a 'Backup Completed' event. However, I can't see any suitable existing events that could be used for this purpose.

you can use any other tools like windows backup manager, and some thirdparty tools are which can take backup of your local folders to other drive or on ftp server.

Back