• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to set Apache MaxClients ?

Liew CheonFong

Basic Pleskian
I am looking to change the MaxClients setting in apache config (apache2.conf) but the file only has "MaxKeepAliveRequests" setting.

the following is the result when I run command: grep Max /etc/apache2/*

/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:# MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf:MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
grep: /etc/apache2/conf-available: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/conf-enabled: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/mods-available: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/modsecurity.d: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/mods-enabled: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/plesk.conf.d: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/sites-available: Is a directory
grep: /etc/apache2/sites-enabled: Is a directory​

Should I manually add it into apache2.conf ?

Hi Liew CheonFong,

could you pls. explain, why your thread should be "Plesk - related" ? ( you placed the thread at => Home > Forum > Plesk Discussion > Plesk Onyx for Linux )

If you desire help for non - Plesk -related issues/errors/problems or want to discuss non - Plesk - related topics, pls. consider to open a thread at:

Sorry if I posted in wrong forum. As you may already know, I'm new member here. Please feel free to move this thread into the correct forum.

I know how to modify the setting in general Apache server but Plesk Ony Apache is difference that general tutorials do not apply, thus i ask in Plesk Onyx forum.

The MaxClients directive cannot be configured inside a VirtualHost block, because it is a directive that influences the MPM module behavior of Apache. For that reason you have already been looking at the right place: You need to edit either the general Apache configuraton file or create a custom add-on configuration file with the setting. MaxClients is not issue by default in Apache, because normally it does not make much sense. So it is very well possible, that the configuration directive is missing from configuration files and needs to be added when needed.

Back