• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to set permissions for wordpress through plesk

C

calidude45

I have tried to understand how permissions work through plesk but cannot figure it out. Specifically I need to grant write permissions so my wordpress blogs will be able to function properly and allow updates. Can anyone help me with choosing the correct directory and user I need to update permissions on and what permissions I should set for them?

Thanks
Bob

Why you cant install and use Wordpress from Application Vault by default? There is possibility for update too.

I need to grant write permissions so my wordpress blogs will be able to function properly and allow updates.

Why do you think that it doesn't work properly by default installation from Application Vault?

the application vault never works for me. I guess there is no answer to my question to start. oh well.

I have a similar issue.

Have installed WP from the vault.

Have loaded a theme from WP admin panel.

Some graphics need to be changed,
but I can't access the respective folder
via FTP or Plesk file manager due to permission restrictions.

Even Plesk file manager can't change permissions of the respective folder.

I have root permissions on the server.

If you login as root, is there a problem with setting permissions as they would ordinarily be on shared hosting?

just clicking on the permissions (within plesk) seems to instantly change the owner to root

Back