• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to set proxy_read_timeout in Plesk 11.5?

SoftCreatR

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

in the past, i've just set proxy_read_timeout within a custom template. Now it seems, that there's already a setting for this, but how can i modify the value?

Code:
<?php if ($VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout): ?>
    proxy_read_timeout <?php echo $VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout; ?>;
<?php endif; ?>

Where (within the Plesk GUI) can i set domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout?

I do not think that feature is yet there in GUI, but if it were then it would be "max_execution_time" perhaps

I already figured that out. However, i set it to 3600 but i still receive "504 Gateway Time-out" after 60 seconds. I guess it is a problem of php5-fpm for nginx, but i cant find a solution.

Today, i've received the "504 Gateway Time-out" again.

Code:
2013/09/21 23:15:59 [error] 23619#0: *28410 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream

proxy_read_timeout is set to 3600, so this is not the issue.

After reading nginx's documentation, the needed configuration variable is fastcgi_read_timeout, so the solution is slightly different from the one above:

mkdir -p /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/service
cp -p /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/domain/service/fpm.php /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/service/.

In the file /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/domain/service/fpm.php find the line:

Code:
fastcgi_split_path_info ^((?U).+\.php)(/?.+)$;

Put above:

Code:
        <?php if ($VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout): ?>
        fastcgi_read_timeout <?php echo $VAR->domain->physicalHosting->scriptTimeout; ?>;
        <?php endif; ?>

After that, save the file and run:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Last edited:
Back