• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to set up a Temporary Directory?

D

Dario Ristic

I have a Plesk Panel 9.3 and IIS installed on one server and MSSQL server 2008 on the other. I would like to set up a Temporary directory required for backing up and restoring MS SQL databases.

It is accessible to both servers through private network, but I still get an error while restoring the database:

dbbackup failed: Unable to close connection. Error code: 0x000008ca
Unable to restore database 'databasename'
Not valid backup
Cannot open backup device '\\PLESK\TempShare\sql.xxx.com\databasename\databasename.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.).
VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

btw, database backup is in a .bak file.

Any suggestions?

MSSQL server on sql.xxx.com could not write files on share \\PLESK\TempShare\ because NTFS permissions were not allow that.
To make MSSQL server be able to write the share you can try to create new user `sqladmin` on both servers. On server sql.xxx.com it should be added to administrators to group and MSSQL is configured to be running under this account. On server PLESK it should not be included to any group but write permissions should be granted for this account on folder \TempShare
User `sqladmin` should be authenticated on PLESK using Windows Authentication and capable of writing to \TempShare. This configuration is the most secured.
It should help.

hi IgorG,
i shouldn't uderstand as that solving.I have set these policy on both sql server and windows plesk server, but it couldn't work.I was receiving as below error message.

Error: dbbackup failed: Unable to close connection. Error code: 0x000008ca
Unable to restore database 'kbisqldbtest1'
Access to the path '\\SERVERMSSQL01\sqlbackup\sqlserver.xxx.com' is denied.

And you said that "MSSQL was configured to be running under this account."

Thus, my mssql server has already running a user account, how can i join this user such "sqlbackup" our main sql server?
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back