• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue how to set up postfix to relay for a single subscription

quinton77

New Pleskian
Hi im using postfix for sending and recieving mails on my sites.

My new client like to send a lot of emails so even newsletter, because of that i told him to take the mail service on the domain hoster for some bucks.

Now the problem is how can i relay those outgoing emails for a single subscription. The main.cf works globally for all subscriptions and there i still need my settings for the other sites Sarkari Result

I already tried to send mails with phpmailer, but there seem to be timeouts and i do read phpmailer isnt able to sent second mail because of greylisting feature some mail servers have.

What reduced server load can i expect if he sends a newsletter to 1000 people for example using relaying and external smtp instead of own postfix ?

Last edited:
1000 emails more or less shouldn't really be noticeable at all, unless your server is very very small. Naturally, it also depends on how big these newsletters are. But as long as we're talking about some average e-mails, I wouldn't expect to see any change in the server load.

No changes to your Postfix should be needed at all.

Your customer must have received the access information for their new 3rd party mail service. They should set up the software they use to send the newsletters to use this new SMTP. Besides that, they should add the new SMTP server to the DNS SPF record. That's it.

Back