• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to set up the PTR record to use MailEnable

P

PauloS

Hi,

I'm having troubles when my server trys to send e-mail to remote servers like Yahoo, hotmail, Paypal...

I've posted on Mailenable forum this problem and they suggest me to consult with Parallels on how to go about setting the PTR record using their respective control.
I'm using the BIND DNS server but I don't know how to configure it properly.

Can anyone help me with this??

You will need to contact Your hosting provider and to have him setup the PTR/reverse dns record for the IP Your mailserver use - then You need to have an A record for the server as well in the dns that handles the server, probably Your own BIND - that way all external mailservers will get a correct reply when Your mailserver contacts them to deliver a mail.

PauloS,

I can suggest you check following:

Find "Local Domain Name" for your MailEnable with following command in command line :

reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Connectors\SMTP" /v "Local Domain Name"

It should be something like:

Local Domain Name REG_SZ smtp.domain.com

Find all your IPs on server with:

ipconfig | findstr /C:"IP A"

Then try to check with 'host' command that "Local Domain Name" is resolvable to one of detected IPs and vice versa - this IP is resolvable to "Local Domain Name". If you find that there is no one of this resolving, you should contact your provider for correction this resolving problem on BIND side.
As far as I remember initial problem with mentioned domain is really related to incorrect resolving IP to hostname ("Local Domain Name").

Back