• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to setup Plesk for Reverse DNS, IPv6-subnet delegation to own nameserver?

Knarf

Basic Pleskian
I have a server at Strato. After an upgrade to Plesk 10.3.1, IPv6 works fine, which I am happy about.

At the Strato control panel I have a setting for DNS-Reverse. I can manually assign IPv6 addresses to domain names. This works and is fine for 1 domain but if you want lets say add 100 IPv6 addresses and domain names this is a lot of work. Also there is a chance you make errors.

So there is also the possibility to delegate the subnet (my subnet is in the form of xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::/56) to your own nameserver, so you can assign the PTR record automatically via the Plesk DNS template and let the Plesk nameserver do the work, at least that is what I understood from it.

However, in the Strato control panel when I choose for Delegation to own nameserver and I add my nameserver I get this error (IP address and domain name masked with xs):
Zone x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.ip6.arpa is (still) not configured for ns1.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx [ns1.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx], the delegation will not work.
Probably I need to tell Plesk somehow that I have this particular subnet in use? Is there a setting in Plesk which I wasnt able to find, or should I manually edit the bind configuration, or something else? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Back