• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to Setup Python on CentOS 7.9 & Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35

mdraselkhan

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using AWS lightsail instance where I installed Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 on CentOS 7.9. I'm doing web hosting business. Now I want, If my customers wants, they can run Python program on their hosting account. Is it possible without any issues?

Thanks!

Why not? You can try at least.
This first guide is working fine. But I can see mod_python (Deprecated). Screenshot
Is it okay or should I do anything else?
And congratulations on the new profile picture.

Hello, Igor
How are you?
Could you please guide me how to host a python project to Plesk?
I'd greatly appreciate it if you can help me.
Thanks

This article didn't help for me - https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377824001943
Could you help, what's wrong?
======
Code:
[root@plesk ~]# rpm -Uvh lux-release*rpm
warning: lux-release-7-1.noarch.rpm: Header V4 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 53e4e7a9: NOKEY
Verifying...                          ################################# [100%]
Preparing...                          ################################# [100%]
Updating / installing...
   1:lux-release-7-1                  ################################# [100%]
[root@plesk ~]# yum install mod_python -y
CentOS Linux 8 - AppStream                                                                                                                                                                           583  B/s |  38  B     00:00
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'appstream': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: No URLs in mirrorlist
=====
I've got the following configuration

VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.41_build1800220115.08 os_CentOS 8
OSCentOS Linux 8.5.2111
Key numberPLSK.08234059.0021

Google told me: "CentOS Linux 8 had reached the End Of Life (EOL) on December 31st, 2021. It means that CentOS 8 will no longer receive development resources from the official CentOS project."

Does it mean, that it's not possible to install Python without CenstOS Update?
Could you advise how to update CentOS smoothly ? Could you provide a step-by-step instruction / guide for Plesk + CentOS ?

Maybe the free Plesk Migrator extension can help you migrate your content to a new server. I suggest migrating to Alma Linux 8, but maybe Ubuntu 22 is also a good option.

Back