1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to successfully migrate old AWStats?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by leonidasj, Jul 26, 2011.

1. leonidasj

leonidasj New Pleskian

85%
    Hello guys,

i have to move some customers from an older gentoo machine to a new server running Plesk 10.2 - basically a neat and easy task until now.

Only thing that troubles me are the AWStats. What i did was to copy the access log file from the old server to the new one and place it in /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/statistics/logs as filename "access_log" (after merging the old log with the newer one).

I then ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=<domain> and it took quite a while (the access_log was about 500 MB). The script generated txt files for each month in /var/www/vhosts/leers.com/statistics/webstat that look like this:

awstats012008.<domaine>-http.txt

So far, so good, but when logging in to the statistics, i still did not get any old statistics - only the new ones are selectable through the web interface.

I then ran /usr/share/awstats/tools/buildstatic.sh but to no avail. Still no statistics.

It is odd since i thought once the txt-files are generated, awstats would also generate its static html reports, but no.

So that is, basically, my question to you guys - how can i have those reports generated?

Please help me out if you can!

Thanks a lot!

Best cheers,
    Leon

2. leonidasj

leonidasj New Pleskian

85%
    Solved. Followed a selection of steps in KB 5550.