• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to successfully migrate old AWStats?

leonidasj

New Pleskian
Hello guys,

i have to move some customers from an older gentoo machine to a new server running Plesk 10.2 - basically a neat and easy task until now.

Only thing that troubles me are the AWStats. What i did was to copy the access log file from the old server to the new one and place it in /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/statistics/logs as filename "access_log" (after merging the old log with the newer one).

I then ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=<domain> and it took quite a while (the access_log was about 500 MB). The script generated txt files for each month in /var/www/vhosts/leers.com/statistics/webstat that look like this:

awstats012008.<domaine>-http.txt

So far, so good, but when logging in to the statistics, i still did not get any old statistics - only the new ones are selectable through the web interface.

I then ran /usr/share/awstats/tools/buildstatic.sh but to no avail. Still no statistics.

It is odd since i thought once the txt-files are generated, awstats would also generate its static html reports, but no.

So that is, basically, my question to you guys - how can i have those reports generated?

Please help me out if you can!

Thanks a lot!

Best cheers,
Leon

Back