• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to terminate running backup process?

Teunie

New Pleskian
Hi,
I have set Plesk 12 (on Centos 5.7) to backup to FTP repository. This works fine but sometimes the FTP is not reacheable or runs out of disk space.
Plesk then continues to backup locally until the local diskspace runs out and completely kills the server.

When I log in over SSH I usually remove backup dump files to create more disk space and then restart PSA or the whole server. After that the server is running again but Plesk insists completing the backups that were already running. Slowing the server down and filling up local disk space once again. (it boggles me that there is no button in Plesk to cancel active tasks?! or have I missed it?)

So my questions, since I cannot be the only one with this issue;

1. How can I kill the running backup process (the TAR and PERL process will start for each of the plesk domains, under changing PID's until all domains are backed-up, but must be driven by something I can kill) so Plesk will stop all running backup tasks?
2. How can I prevent Plesk filling up the local drive with PSA dumps when the FTP backup fails?

Many many thanks to those who can solve my questions...

Back