• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to trigger re-sync migration from command line?

kassi

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.53 Update #2
I know about the panel-migrator cli tool and I'm already using several steps with a created config to start a full migration (in preparation for a failover to a second server).
Docs here: Migrating via the Command Line

The question is: How do I start a "re-sync" in order to get the most recent state of mails and databases? Can't find this command in the plesk-migrator cli.
  • Would a copy-mail-content and copy-db-content sync only what's missing or copy everything again (time bummer for step 2. below)?
  • Would a copy-mail-content and copy-db-content overwrite any newer changes on the destination (no-go for step 4. below)?
  • Would a transfer-mail do it better or worse?
  • Same for transfer-site, which includes databases. What's the difference btw to copy-content?
My plan would be to
  1. do initial migration (already set up)
  2. do a re-sync of mail and databases (how to trigger this?)
  3. switch to new server (DNS/ClusterIP)
  4. do a final re-sync of mail and databases (in hope this won't overwrite changes already happened on the new server)

For databases I implemented a MySQL replication and created scripts for switching it properly (well first test went well, but then I lost track on it, so next switch will show whether switching replicas works smoothly or not).
For mails: not yet. I started by rsyncing the mailnames directory to some location to have a backup, which could also be transferred to the replication host and stopped due to other reasons by implementing a dsync replication via cron. This should somehow do it, together with scripts for switching servers (main<->replication/stand-by).

Back