• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to uninstall plesk's Spamassassin

deepsleep

New Pleskian
How to uninstall plesk's Spamassassin?

Deal All

I am new to Plesk and Linux. I was checking this forum before but did not find any detailed solution regarding to my problem. Therefore I need some help and tipps.

First some infos regardings my server: vServer, Debian 4.0, Plesk 9.0, 10 Domain Plesk Licence.

As far as I was able to check, PSA-SpamAssassin and spamd are running. Due to "small" Licence I am not able to use nor to configure SpamAssassin and therefore I was searching the web for a solution. Now I found 4PSA Spam Guardian which should fit my needs perfectly. But it looks like I have to uninstall the pre-installed psa-SpamAssassin (or more?).

Now I would like to ask you the following:

1. Does anyone of you run 4PSA SpamGuardian
2. Any hints regarding how to uninstall psa-SpamAssassin.
3. Some more packages to be uninstalled
3. Can I harm my plesk installation by uninstalling the a/m package(s). (Read somewhere that plesk would stopp working without psa-SpamAssassin)
4. I am running Dr.Web Antivirus. Does this have any impact on the above scenario?
5. Any installation tipps

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Best regards
deepsleep

You can just remove it its not dependant on anything else for removal, so you dont have to remove anything else.
Plesk wont stop working with out it, and in fact lots of people dont even use it.

Back