1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to uninstall plesk's Spamassassin

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by deepsleep, Jan 19, 2009.

1. deepsleep

deepsleep New Pleskian

23%
    How to uninstall plesk's Spamassassin?

Deal All

I am new to Plesk and Linux. I was checking this forum before but did not find any detailed solution regarding to my problem. Therefore I need some help and tipps.

First some infos regardings my server: vServer, Debian 4.0, Plesk 9.0, 10 Domain Plesk Licence.

As far as I was able to check, PSA-SpamAssassin and spamd are running. Due to "small" Licence I am not able to use nor to configure SpamAssassin and therefore I was searching the web for a solution. Now I found 4PSA Spam Guardian which should fit my needs perfectly. But it looks like I have to uninstall the pre-installed psa-SpamAssassin (or more?).

Now I would like to ask you the following:

1. Does anyone of you run 4PSA SpamGuardian
    2. Any hints regarding how to uninstall psa-SpamAssassin.
    3. Some more packages to be uninstalled
    3. Can I harm my plesk installation by uninstalling the a/m package(s). (Read somewhere that plesk would stopp working without psa-SpamAssassin)
    4. I am running Dr.Web Antivirus. Does this have any impact on the above scenario?
    5. Any installation tipps

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Best regards
    deepsleep

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

You can just remove it its not dependant on anything else for removal, so you dont have to remove anything else.
    Plesk wont stop working with out it, and in fact lots of people dont even use it.

3. gorilych

gorilych Guest

apt-get remove psa-spamassassin spamassassin