• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How to upgrade mysql ...

M

mushu

Guest
Hello,

In First, I'm french and my english isn't very good ...

Secondly, I'm totally a "newbie", what that ? I have never update abything on my server ...
Today I would like to pass at mysql 4.1.11 ... I have ask to my hosting provider but he doesn't want to help me ...

Now I return to you, I'll need a help to upgrade mysql and php, I'll have a complety description of all step to upgrading those software.

What package I must take in dev.mysql.com ?

My server running with Fedora Core ...

Thank you a lot.
 
Personally, I prefer to build MySQL from the Redhat Development SRPMs they offer.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/SRPMS/

Download the MySQL-4.1.x-x.src.rpm package from there. After you have it downloaded run: rpmbuild --rebuild MySQL-4.1.x-x.src.rpm

If it complains saying it can't find the command rpmbuild, run: yum install rpm-build

If it complains about missing dependancies from the build, simply use yum to install all the missing packages it needs. Usually on a updated fedora core2, its about 2 packages.

If all goes well, when its finished you'll find your RPMs in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 (assuming x86 architecture). Now perform: rpm -Uvh MySQL*rpm

That command will usually bomb out because of dependancy problems. Now you have two options. If you're going to stay at PHP4, you can download another SRPM from the same location called mysqlclient10, rebuild it and install the RPM it makes along with mysql.

If you're going to move to PHP5, you're better off grabbing the SRPMs for those failed dependancies (again, all I had to upgrade was perl-DBD-MySQL and PHP). Note that when you compile both perl-DBD-MySQL and PHP you'll need to already have MySQL 4.1 installed. So go ahead and perform: rpm -Uvh --nodeps MySQL*rpm. After that follow the same general idea to update those other packages.
 
Back
Top