• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to upgrade PHP 4.3.2 to 5.0.3 to patch vulnerabilites?

H

hprod

Due to the recent discovered high risk vulnerabilities at PHP 4.3.2, or earlier we would like to upgrade to 5.03.
Is there an automatic way of doing it at plesk?
I cant find the option at UPGRADE options.
Maybe with up2date?

If I do it manually, will I damage Plesk control panel?

Thanks in advance

If you are using RHE and all you're worried about is security patches, I'd stick with 4.3.2 that comes with it because Redhat has been backporting security patches to 4.3.2 and up2date should automatically update your copy of php with these patches. If you upgrade to 5.0, you'll need to constantly maintain these patches yourself.

php 5 definitely breaks a lot of apps, specifically webmail (horde and squirrelmail). I've got php 4.3.10 and php 5.0.x rpms available in my yum archive (rh9, 3es, fc1/2/3).

Now that Horde 3/IMP 4 is now out, any chance webmail might get back to working again with PHP 5.0.x?

I tried it with that (and the latest squirrelmail) , but it still didnt work. Im still looking into it, its possible that its something in the way Im building php, or perhaps one of the libraries Im linking to

Back