1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[HOW TO] upgrade to PHP 5.3.0 - Debian install

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by kadoudal, Dec 10, 2009.

1. kadoudal

kadoudal Regular Pleskian

23%
    I read a post about PHP upgrade but seems to be old.... not sure it's still useful..
    (I don't find the mentioned directories...)

-- quote -----
    In order to upgrade PHP 5 to the needed version (if you would like to have other than shipped with Plesk) please do the following:

1) back up the directory %plesk_dir%\Additional\PleskPHP5 - just in case something will go wrong
    2) stop the Plesk services (Control Panel and all that are included in the Plesk Run-Time section)
    3) rename folder %plesk_dir%\Additional\PleskPHP5 to the orig_PleskPHP5
    4) create a new folder PleskPHP5
    5) download the needed version of PHP, unzip the content and copy it to the newly created folder PleskPHP5
    6) copy the file php.ini from the old folder to the new one
    7) start the services
    8) click "Refresh" button in Components Management section in Plesk and check if you can see the new PHP version there
    ------ end quote ------

thanks for your suggestions

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    What about this KB article? It can be useful.

3. kadoudal

kadoudal Regular Pleskian

23%
    [HOW TO] upgrade tp PHP 5.3.0 - Debian install

yes , thank you... I was not sure about 5.3, sometime upgrades involved fancy collateral effects

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Be advised that a lot of common functions have been dropped from 5.2 -> 5.3. Things like split() for example, which could effect your applications in a negative way