• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to view Spam emails?

coolemail

Basic Pleskian
We have enabled Spam on some email accounts and chosen to have them delivered to the Spam folder:
Move spam to the Spam folder

Move all spam messages to the folder called Spam. This folder is accessible from your mail client program or webmail. If you are using an IMAP mail account, then you can use the Spam folder for training the spam filter.

In Webmail, we can see the folder and the emails in that folder. However, in our mail client programme, the folder and the emails are not visible as it suggests. We have tried Outlook 2010 and Windows Live Mail, both with no joy.

Please can someone tell us how they can be viewed without having to go into webmail.

With this setting, the spam e-mails are delivered to the spam folder and they stay on the server.
So you need to setup your e-mail client Outlook 2010 or Windows Live Mail as IMAP (not POP3). Are you sure you have done this?

Last edited:
Thanks for teh reply Knarf.

We can see that folder when we connect with webmail. But with an acocunt set up on Outlook 2010 and Windows Mail (we use Outlook as default but tried Windows Mail also) it does not appear to collect the emails in the Spam folder that is created on the server.

Any ideas?

Yes my idea is that you probably have set up the e-mail accounts as POP3, but in stead you must use IMAP, as I suggested. Please check that first.

Sorry, I read it in haste. I'm sure if I set it up as IMAP it would work, but IMAP does not suit this email address - we are monitoring a number of them and they come in as POP3 using the same common folders. It seems a bit of a restriction if our clients using that facility are forced to use IMAP. Have you known it to be able to work with POP3?

Yes, it can work with POP3.
However you need to use setting of Protection from Spam to "Mark spam messages by adding the following text to message subject" in stead of "Move spam to the Spam folder".
You can add a rule in Outlook to move all messages starting with "***SPAM***" to the Outlook spam folder.

Last edited:
that is certainly how we used to do it in Plesk 9, but I was hoping that with this new feature in Plesk 10, we would be able to do it for all, not just for those with IMAP.

THANK YOU for your input which is much appreciated Knarf.

Back