• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Howto: Outgoing mail fix in Outlook

I

idc1124

I hope this is helpful for anyone who is having a problem with sending email out of outlook express. You need to make sure your mailserver SMTP port is listening to a port other than Port 25 and clients need to set the new port in Outlook. This was tested on Plesk 7.0.2 Windows with the integrated mailenable standard.

We received some support questions regarding the issue with sending email using Outlook or similar program. We have made some changes and have fixed the issue allowing the outgoing mail to function properly in Outlook. The reason that it works for some and not for others is due to the clients ISP- Internet Service Provider blocking port 25 which is for SMTP outgoing mail. Most ISPs are blocking this port for security reasons and spamming. We have done research and testing and have found that port 26 will work. We have set our mailservers to listen to both port 25 and 26. If you are a client with this issue and do not know how to change the SMTP port we have set up a tutorial to assist with correctly setting up an email account in Outlook and how to change the port in Outlook. We thank everyone for their patience and if anyone is still having a problem or need further assistance please feel free to contact us via email, support ticket, or our forum.

Tutorial Direct Link-
http://www.totalwebhq.com/tutorials/outlook.htm
or visit the tutorial section on our support page.
www.totalwebhq.com

Thank you, I very much welcome such tutorials that are useful to the entire community. :)

in principle the smtp server from the isp should be used or smtp authentication.

the idea is good and already in the InterNet published. it only lies outside of a standard.

with merak you can also use ssl smtp port.

Yes, Most clients dont realize they can also use their ISP as their SMTP outgoing mail server. Do you think you could post the link to what was published? I would really like to read it.

Back