• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

httpd update

mod_jk missing from psa-tomcat-configurator

This is a follow-up with details to better describe the problem and larger issue of repositories missing the required information to keep Plesk managed servers current.

I am currently running a CentOS 5 server with a 100 domains Plesk control panel and the Plesk Power Pack [at an extra charge] which includes Tomcat, SPAMAssassin and other features. Tomcat is a known non-compliant PCI package and the service accordingly has been disabled.

The server is updated exclusively by either the Plesk `Updater`icon or `Yum Update [command] [option]`. Only CentOS/Plesk underwritten mirror sites are used for all updates. I subscribe to the Plesk Control Panel and use authentic repositories because this is the best practice to keep my server PCI compliant.

Accordingly, when YUM UPDATE generates the error message: `mod_jk is needed by (installed) psa-tomcat-configurator`, it is clear that the current mirror site repositories do not include the needed `mod_jk` functionality to process over 150 CentOS 5 pending updates for Plesk v8.6.

This is a critical error and is exclusively a Plesk error because, as I understand it, `mod_jk` is only needed by Plesk`s ` psa-tomcat-configurator`.

Therefore, what is needed is a date when Parallels plans to populate the required repositories with the missing `mod_jk` functionality in order that my server, and everyone else`s server, stays compliant with future CentOS and Plesk updates and releases using generally available Plesk and CentOS repositories.

Back