• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

HUGE PROBLEM: No automated backups after May 31, 2011!

C

Charismator

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

-> Plesk Panel 10.2, incl. latest component updates current as of 6/4/2011
-> Linux 2.6.32-30-server, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS 64-bit

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Problem:
We manage in total 6 servers with Plesk Panel, with 3 server running the new version 10.2 (the other 3 are runnung 9.5.2).

More by coincidence we discovered yesterday (6/4) that virtually ALL automated backup jobs under Plesk Panel 10.2 (configured using "Scheduled Backup Settings") do no longer work after May 31, 2011.

So we have all the backups from the day we installed Plesk Panel 10.2 til May 31, 2011, but the backups for 6/1, 6/2, 6/3, 6/4 are missing...

Because of that, we performed a component update (Yesterday = 6/4) and could see that the backup manager (in /opt/psa/admin/sbin) had been updated.

However, when we checked today (6/5/2011) no new backup task have been performed, so the issue has not been resolved.

Moreover, our automated MySQL database dumps (created by cron scripts using "Scheduled Tasks") also stopped working on May, 31 2011. So it might be a cron-issue.

Please help! Thanks!

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

All three servers with Plesk Panel 10.2 are hosted professionally by Strato, they are "plain vanilla" installs.
All three servers are using the same Ubuntu OS, 64-bit, only the server hardware is different however for each.
No error messages are being created, the backup tasks simply don't start at all.

The problem doesn't occur under Plesk Panel 9.5 - the automated backup tasks on those three servers continue to work.

CRON issues

Last cron email I received was May 31, 2011. I'm running 10.2.0 and have started receiving calls from clients who's automated tasks (set in cron as user root) are not running. Likewise, I am seeking a solution to this.

Back