• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input I am so happy that I moved from Cpanel/whm to plesk

blueberry

Basic Pleskian
I am so happy about Plesk and I didn't expect it.

After installing Plesk, I discovered the backup was already up and running. On the other hand, on Cpanel/whm, I had to configure it several times, and it was deactivated several times.

It is also so great that Plesk does not try to change the Linux modules. For example, it does not add useless directives in htaccess automatically. It does not add additional files to the wordpress installation. Plesk respects the integrity of the linux modules, the wordpress installation (cpanel adds php.ini and user files). So, that at the end, it is easy to fix if something goes wrong.

Plesk does not add tons of config files everywhere. Plesk does not tweak all the config files. Plesk is respectful of the system integrity. I call the plesk install, a "clean" install. After moving from cpanel to plesk, i had to remove htaccess directives, php.ini files, user files to clean my wordpress installations.

I updated my mariadb database and cleaned it too.

The CRON report that I receive is always great. It really details all the problems on the server. I never saw that before in Cpanel. Yes, it sounds strange but it is true.

The DNS template is a great idea as well. It is really handy.

I am so happy that I don't have to spend my time in linux files configuration with plesk. For example, with Apache, I was happy that the configuration was fast and simple in Plesk. I think plesk did a real tour de force because making a Nginx rever proxy + apache combo look so simple and transparent from the plesk administration panel is SMASHING.

I also love the plesk command in the CLI. It is super powerful.

Great Job

Back