• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can not assign an IP to a domain [SOLVED]

robetus

Basic Pleskian
I've read through the forum and online but I cannot change a domain's IP address. I would like to add an IPv6 address to a domain and change a domain with a shared IP to a dedicated IP. How do I do this? I went into Tools & Settings >> IP Addresses. When I click on an IP address that is unused the dropdown for Default Site shows "none" and nothing else, no domains are listed.

I also tried inside the Hosting Settings of the domain and there is no IP address dropdown shown. What is going on? What am I not seeing here?

Hi Robert Tomassi,

could you pls. confirm, that you are logged in as "admin" and not as a "reseller"?
If you are logged in as a reseller, pls. consider to add the IP in question at "Home > Resellers > IP Addresses > Add IP Address"
Pls. consider to add a screenshot from: "Home > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses" and from "Home > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on the interface ethX" for the IP(s) with issues, for further investigations.

The command "ifconfig" over your command line ( as root ), could help to investigate possible issues.

In addition, it could be a good idea to REREAD the IP(s) over your Plesk Control Panel ( "Home > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses" - Button "Reread IP" ), or by using the command ( as root ) over the command line: /usr/local/psa/bin/ipmanage --reread

In some rare cases, the first assigend IPv6 - address could be setup with a "/0" as subnet mask, which is incorrect and a former bug in Plesk - This bug has been fixed since Plesk 12.5 MU #24.

Please find the screens attached. The none.png file is what both I find under IPv4 and IPv6 settings in both Plesk 12.5+ and Onyx. There is no option to select a domain and in the no-ip.png (Hosting Settings) there isn't even a section to change the IP. Again this is in both Plesk 12.5+ and Onyx. Also I did do a Reread and nothing changed. All IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are listed as they should be, and there are no IPv6 listed with a /0, all with /128.

no-ip.png none.png

Pls. consider to add a screenshot from: "Home > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses" and from "Home > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses > IP address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX on the interface ethX" for the IP(s) with issues, for further investigations.

The command "ifconfig" over your command line ( as root ), could help to investigate possible issues.

???

I knew I was missing something! Plesk moved the settings for IPs to "Web Hosting Access" in the domain control panel, which makes sense. Thanks for your help UFHH01!

Last edited:
Back