• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I can not create Varnish docker instance in Plek / iptables error

Émerson Felinto

Regular Pleskian
I went to my Plesk in the docker section and started the image "million12 / varnish".
Before running the image I have the option to set which ports this Docker instance will have access to.
varnish-docker-plesk-port-mapping-1-1024x521.png

However when trying to run I get the following error.
{"message":"driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint varnish (dd04c8b5a888a82c55798134e873e7148d2b933809a74c37a42e4d22da50a6ba): (iptables failed: iptables --wait -t filter -A DOCKER ! -i docker0 -o docker0 -p tcp -d 172.17.0.2 --dport 80 -j ACCEPT: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.\n (exit status 1))"}

What does it mean and how can I solve it?

it means that you can't have two process listening on the same port...
guess who's listening on port 80 already?

I think he's mapping the Docker container Port 80 to 32780....

Assuming you have nothing bound to that public port, I'd check for updates to Docker... Could be a bug.

Replicated, and fixed (Centos 7)

# sudo mv /var/lib/docker/network/files/ /tmp/dn-backup
# sudo systemctl restart docker

Last edited:
It basically installs a CLI version of a game called Snake which was made popular by Nokia back in the 90s.

Last edited:
Replicated, and fixed (Centos 7)

# sudo mv /var/lib/docker/network/files/ /tmp/dn-backup
# sudo systemctl restart docker

Makes a backup of network related docker config files (by moving them to a temporary directory) and then restarts the docker service.
But I guess it needs a
Code:
mkdir /tmp/dn-backup
first, no?

But enough giggles, where are the commands for this super awesome "snake" game you are talking about?!

Makes a backup of network related docker config files (by moving them to a temporary directory) and then restarts the docker service.
But I guess it needs a
Code:
mkdir /tmp/dn-backup
first, no?

But enough giggles, where are the commands for this super awesome "snake" game you are talking about?!

Is there a CLI version of snake? I’d be down if there was

Back