• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I can not migrate to another server

strelok

New Pleskian
Plesk version (source server): 17.8.11 Update #40

Version of plesk (destination server): 17.8.11 Update #40

1- Using normal migration, I tried to move several sites. After a wait of more than 30 minutes, Plesk showed me an error message. (I do not have this error message, but it is the same as the one I am going to show later.)

2- I created a backup on the source server, later downloaded that backup and uploading it to the destination server I find the following error:

Extra information:
I have clicked the following options:
* Upload backup files without a valid signature
* Use password protection (recommended)

Error:
Error Plesk.png

I know that the backups of the destination server are saved on a disk shared with other servers, perhaps the file system of that disk is different to the source server disk. Although I do not know much about the subject, the subject exceeds my level of knowledge.

Can you help me please?

The ideal would be to solve the migration error, but if there is a partial solution (which I must apply to each backup.tar manually) it serves me the same.

Cannot change ownership to uid 0, gid 0: Operation not permitted

This message indicates that filesystem does not allow to change ownership.
I suspect that filesystem is mounted with incorrect permissions or filesystem is something like NTFS or FAT32, which does not support file owners.
Please check it.

This message indicates that filesystem does not allow to change ownership.
I suspect that filesystem is mounted with incorrect permissions or filesystem is something like NTFS or FAT32, which does not support file owners.
Please check it.
Thank you very much for your answer.

I seen that the files system in the shared hard disc is "nfs".

So, I understand that the source server does NOT use this shared disk (nfs), but the destination server does use it to save the backups.

Can you help me please?

I remember many complains about problems with backup restoration from nfs shares. I would not recommend to use it, but maybe someone has a solution.
If you find any solution, please send me the link. I do not know how to solve this problem.

Try to ask the assistance of Plesk Support Team or just do not use NFS share for backups.

Back