• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I can send emails but I CAN'T receive emails

ServiwebP

New Pleskian
Hi,

Sorry if I post this message in the wrong thread.

I have a dedicated server with 1&1, where I host different websites.

I have created different emails accounts on each website.

MY PROBLEM is that, once the emails accounts are created, users can send emails to any domain, but they can only receive emails from the @mydomain.com accounts. This means:

- A user with email [email protected], can send and receive emails with, for instance, [email protected]
- [email protected] can send and email to [email protected].

- PROBLEM: [email protected] will not receive the email send back from [email protected]. The inbox of [email protected] will show just no new emails. Also [email protected] will not receive any kind of email telling an error in the sending.

** I dont have any Spam filter activated.

¿¿ Any idea about how I can fix this ?? It is driving my crazy since a week.... :(

Thanks in advance

Hi,
The first thing that comes in mind is that the name servers might be wrong. Are they linked to your server ? Is the MX record pointing to your server too ?
Maybe it's a display problem, what do you use to read emails ?

Hi Anthony, thanks for your response.

Well, I use outlook to read he messages. However, I also go to webmail.mydomain.com to check the email directly on the browser, and I dont get the any emails in the inbox as well ( I mean emails which come from others domain like gmail or any other... )

I think also that it could be something related to the dns settings, but what do you mean with if they are linked to the server?
Lets say that one of the domains I have on the dedicated server is myfirstdomain.com, could you give me any advise how to configure the name servers ?

The name server of my dedicated server are ns63.1and1.es and ns64.1and1.es.

I have runned a DNS report on http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools, and I got 2 "fail" and 28 "pass".

The fails were referring to :

- Acceptance of postmaster:

Mailserver rejected mail to postmaster. Mailservers are required by RFC822 6.3, RFC1123 5.2.7, and RFC2821 4.5.1 to have a valid postmaster address that is accepting mail. The Mailserver provided is:

212.227.15.134 | unexpected response to [RCPT TO: ] | 550 : invalid address
212.227.15.169 | unexpected response to [RCPT TO: ] | 550 : invalid address

- Acceptance of abuse

Mailserver rejected mail to abuse. Mailservers are required by RFC2142 Section 2 to have a valid abuse address that is accepting mail.

212.227.15.134 | unexpected response to [RCPT TO: ] | 550 : invalid address
212.227.15.169 | unexpected response to [RCPT TO: ] | 550 : invalid address

Thanks for your patience

Maybe you could check if your mail server has correct email addresses for postmaster and abuse aliases (it's in /var/qmail/alias if you're running qmail).

Regarding the name servers, I'm not an expert, but if you use your own server as DNS, you can go in the DNS settings section of your domain and check the MX record.

It might be the postmaster and abuse aliases email address the cause of this problem ?

I show u here the current dns configuration for my domain ( I dont know if it is a security risk but ok ):

Let put the alias for me website as "myweb.com"

*.webmail.myweb.com. CNAME myweb.com.
87.106.72.136 / 24 PTR myweb.com.
ftp.myweb.com. CNAME myweb.com.
myweb.com. NS ns.myweb.com.
myweb.com. A 87.106.72.136
myweb.com. MX (10) mail.myweb.com.
myweb.com. TXT v=spf1 +a +mx -all
ipv4.myweb.com. A 87.106.72.136
mail.myweb.com. A 87.106.72.136
ns.myweb.com. A 87.106.72.136
webmail.myweb.com. A 87.106.72.136