• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question I can't access the Admin Page

skiabox

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
Latest
Hello friends!
I just installed Plesk on my ubuntu vm.
The problem is that I cannot login with admin/setup which are the default credentials.
I am totally new to plesk.
Thank you very much!

You can login with the Root credentials of your server if you forgot the Admin login credentials you used during setup.

This support article describes various scenarios to login:
I used the command line setup so I did not used any credentials during setup (2nd method in this link https://www.vultr.com/docs/how-to-install-plesk-on-ubuntu-20-04/#:~:text=Download the Plesk installer script.&text=Enable read, write and execute permissions on the downloaded script.&text=Launch the Plesk web installation,web-interface as the argument.&text=Web interface is now started.)
I don't have the root credentials of the vm since our IT department gives only a simple user credentials to the vm end user.

PS1 : sudo plesk login is not working in this second step.

I am not sure if it makes sense to install a web- and mailserver control panel on a system where you do not have administrative permissions. You will need root access to manage the installation. As an alternative, your IT department should install Plesk for you and give you the admin link. However, then they can equally well grant root access, because with the admin login you can use the SSH extension, which again gives you root access. It really does not make much sense to be admin of an installation yet to not be administrator of the underlying server.

Back