• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue I can't add MySQL Database server

psclip

New Pleskian
Dear Plesk Community,
I tried to add the Mysql Database server but I'm facing an error. In default, I have a MariaDB database server. How do I add a Mysql database server, can you help me, please? I would love to hear from you soon.
1616614653382.png

Does that DB server exist? Does the password work? Can you connect with MySQL -u psclip -p?

Does that DB server exist? Does the password work? Can you connect with MySQL -u psclip -p?
See screenshot, I had an only database server Maria DB now I want to bring Mysql Database server........... Please let me know how to do it. I install Plesk through Digitalocean.

See screenshot, I had an only database server Maria DB now I want to bring Mysql Database server........... Please let me know how to do it. I install Plesk through Digitalocean.
Ok.

A) Why? They're basically identical
B) Do you actually have MariaDB server running?
C) Is MariaDB running, and on which port?
D) Have you created the root/admin user for that MariaDB server instance?
E) Are the credentials correct?

Ok.

A) Why? They're basically identical
B) Do you actually have MariaDB server running?
C) Is MariaDB running, and on which port?
D) Have you created the root/admin user for that MariaDB server instance?
E) Are the credentials correct?
in my web application, I have a MySQL database. So I need a MySQL database server. Yes, I have MariaDB server Running. In the default. Port number is:

I didn't create a root user for the MariaDB server, It was by default. I was able to create a database, database user, and password. Please have a look at the screenshot below. Now I need a MySQL database server. I would love to hear from you soon.
1616645434353.png

Last edited:
Back