• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved I do not receive mail on my server

python

Regular Pleskian
I do not receive mail using Horde 5.2.13 I can only send, I can not find any error messages in the logs or I do not know where I keep plesk error messages I use plesk onyx 17.5.3.
Before updating all this I worked well now I do not know if it is a mio configuration error or it does not work well plesk.

Any recommendations to be able to investigate and to be stuck?
Thank you

Hi first thanks for your help, going back to the topic look at the horde records but I do not see anything I do not know if it is there where some error should appear because the mails do not arrive.

cat /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log

Also look at var/ log/maillog but I do not see anything abnormal either.

Add that I do not receive the external mails but of the accounts of my server.

What am I doing to find the problem?

regards

Last edited:
Hi python,

you seem to miss the fact, that mails and their usage are logged into your serverwide "mail.log", so pls. consider to give it another try and post corresponding log - entries from there, as your statement:
I do not receive mail
... states clear, that you don't receive any mails, which definetly would be logged in your "mail.log", if there are any issues/errors/problems or misconfigurations.

If you don't receive any eMails on your server, pls. check your firewall settings and/or investigate logs from the corresponding mail - server, which you wanted to receive eMails from. ;)

To start with your own mail - server - investigations, you could as well use for example the sites

=> mxtoolbox.com
or/and
=> mail-tester.com

I can not find any errors I'm looking at in /var/log/maillog
But researching I realized I have a dns txt with this value
v = spf1 +a +mx + a: server.com - all

I do not feel wrong but this rule only lets me receive mail from my server osea server.com, the tests of the websites that you distest me tells me that I do not have the ptr but I do not know if that is why I do not receive mail.

I keep investigating but any recommendations are good for me.
regards

The problem was that the dns had them in plesk but not in my domain provider I configured it there and it worked.
Thank you

Go in control panel to mail. Click on the I (Information) after the mailadres. There you will see the mailserver adres for incoming mail. This is the adres to use in the DNS record MX with the domain provider.

Back