• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

i found solution for frontpage and 8.1

H

hesham55

heloooooooooooooooooooo
i found it

you can download and install this file frontpage-5.0-72psa from pakage 8.0.1 its works with me

you can use yum to download indevdual pakage after that you can use command line

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u domain.tld -fp true -fplogin xxxx -fppasswd xxxxx

is their any confirmation that this will work with the latests version of apache? 2.2

this is my ver. httpd-2.0.52

but i think its work

if not work its easy to make rpm -e frotpage........rpm

The solution mentioned above does work (I tried it on a test box) and is obviously free and very simple.

But if anyone wants someone else to do it for them, you can always ask the guys at 4psa.com - they are very good and can do it for you for a very reasonable (i.e. small!) fee.

No, I don't work for them. I'm just an increadibly satified customer. I'm sure the 4psa guys shudder in horror when they see an email from me because I'm always asking for something unusual but they are always helpful and polite and never complain.

Faris.

This is such ****. :mad:

This necessitates a UNIX/Linux CLI-capable administrator to perform basic FPSE functions, completely negating the benefits of a web-based appliance.

For SW Soft to stop supporting a popular pseudo-CGI language with just a single line in the release notes, shows poor decision-making skills on the part of SW Soft leaders.

FrontPage is not a SWsoft product, but a Microsoft product. Microsoft discontinued FrontPage last year. Complain to them.

you have to be running an OS that originally supported front page. i was attempting to try and install FP extensions on FC5. it simply doesn't work people.

The operating systems on this list are the only ones that can have front page:

ftp://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.0/

but, you guys are right, you can upgrade or install 8.1 on one of those systems, and simply install the RPM from an 8.0 install.

just thought i'd put an end to this.

-Ztheory

Not completely true. The Plesk 8.0 RPM for FrontPage Extensions for RHE 4 x86_64 will install on CentOS 5 x86_64.

I don't mean to be harsh, but some of you have clearly missed the obvious. Just read the current manual for 8.2 and you will find instructions for FrontPage usage. This alone obligates SW-Soft to support THEIR release.

I have just learned the hard way. I spent $25,000 on several new servers, loaded Virtuozzo into them, loaded Plesk 8.2 and mod_frontpage, and viola! No damn FrontPage. It's there, but broken.

Now here's the kicker: I discussed my plan of moving thousands of customers from Ensim servers directly with senior support staff. Not once did anyone say that after the move FrontPage would not work.

It is real easy to say that this is a Microsoft issue. NO. It is and has always been a SW-Soft issue. Read the release notes? Show me where it tells you that although FrontPage is advertised it won't work, and, they won't support it.

Why does providing instructions obligate one to distribute the supported plugin? Every version since 8.1 had a mention of the FrontPage Extensions no longer being distributed in the release notes. FrontPage is dead and has been for some time.

You didn't read what I read.

We migrated 30 Ensim servers to Plesk 8.2.

We discussed ahread of time with senior SW-Soft Support Staff our migration plan.

At no time were we told that FP would not work.

To the contrary, the Plesk 8.2 documentation liberally discusses FrontPage functionality. It does not say that it doesn't and won't work. If FP was pulled from the distro SW-Soft should have edited the manual.

If you discussed your migration with them, then yes, you should be complaining to SWsoft Support.

Still, the Extensions still work and people still have them installed (from before they were running Plesk 8.1), so I don't think the instructions should be pulled from the manual just yet. A notice about the Extensions no longer being distributed might be nice in the manual, but it is true this was mentioned in the release notes.

I am working on the solution now. Thanks to this thread for getting me pointed in the right direction. I have a lot of servers to patch.

I wonder, can anyone make this into a script? Maybe even add a mysql lookup to find sites with FP enabled and then run globally?

cd /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/http(s)docs
find . | grep /.htaccess | while read f; do rm -rf "$f";done find . | grep /_private | while read f; do rm -rf "$f";done find . | grep /_vti_ | while read f; do rm -rf "$f";done

export PSA_PASSWORD=some_password
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -v Â_--install-fp --vhost-name=domain.com --admin-name=fp_user --user-name=ftp_user --port=80

Originally posted by siren
Not completely true. The Plesk 8.0 RPM for FrontPage Extensions for RHE 4 x86_64 will install on CentOS 5 x86_64.

Do you have a copy of this frontpage RPM? I'm curious how exactly the RHEL 4 rpm works with CE 5 considering CE5 uses apache 2.2

For those of you using the manual frontpage rpm install method, are you not seeing the frontpage options when you setup a domain?

I'm still having a tough time with FP. I've installed the RPM in CentOS5 (with apache 2.2). It does bring the functionality back to the control panel, however the executables don't work properly. There's a few things you'll need to change in mod_frontpage.c and mod_fpcgid.c that changed from apache 2.0 to 2.2, notably the apr_ routines. I'm able to compile/install it. The FP admin interface works fine. The modules seem to work right. I'm getting a SEGV inside of either shtml.exe and/or author.exe (I think the latter).

I've found you can still go to:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/products/frontpage and download directly from them. They have static executables. The dynamic ones supplied by SW Soft don't seem to work though in CentOS5, but then again, neither do the MS supplied ones.

Anyone know what's causing it to crash? I've done an strace on the apache executables and see it gets a SEGV in the write() system call (writing to fpexe).

Well, forget downloading from MS.

I finally did it. After searching for days and finding nobody else that was able to do this, I've hacked away at it and now I've ported mod_frontpage to apache 2.2.x. When I catch up with the rest of my work, I'll see about posting the patch.

Finally....

I am interested in checking out this patch. If it will not be ready any time soon, is there a chance I can get a copy of what you have done to work on my self? It will save

Well, there's two files, mod_fpcgid.c and mod_frontpage.c that come with the package for plesk 8.0. The first one, mod_fpcgid.c is smaller and the diff is:

123,130d122
< /* bk: */
< #include "mpm_common.h"
<
< /* bk: need APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH */
< #define APR_BRIGADE_FOREACH(b, bb) \
< for ((b) = APR_BRIGADE_FIRST(bb); \
< (b != APR_BRIGADE_SENTINEL(bb)); \
< (b) = APR_BUCKET_NEXT(b))
134d125
<
170c161
< #define DEFAULT_SOCKET "/var/run/fpcgisock"
---
> #define DEFAULT_SOCKET DEFAULT_REL_RUNTIMEDIR "/fpcgisock"
697c688
< apr_filepath_name_get(r->filename));
---
> apr_filename_of_pathname(r->filename));
952c943
< if ((APR_SUCCESS != rv) || (len == 0)) {
---
> if (!APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS(rv) || (len == 0)) {
1053c1044
< if (APR_SUCCESS != rv) {
---
> if (!APR_STATUS_IS_SUCCESS(rv)) {
1078c1069
< char szBuf[12];
---
> char szBuf[10];

I've attached the diff for mod_frontpage.c as its larger.

Back